PDA

View Full Version : Would you take a 2 month old to the Great Wolf Lodge?

lexie's mom
01-29-2009, 03:51 PM
We go to the Great Wolf Lodge every year with another family. My 4 year old overheard us discussing it. So, I would hate to disappoint her and not go especially because of the new baby. But, I am hesitant to take the new baby and have her go in the pools, etc. Am I overreacting or should I just bring her and have her go in the water and make the best of it?

(I briefly told my mother about the situation and was hoping that she would offer to watch the baby for one night but it didn't happen. I just got a lecture about taking her with us...definitely not what I wanted to hear.)

TIA,
Stacey

jayali
01-29-2009, 04:07 PM
A friend of mine just went with their 2 month old. One parent stood on the sidelines with the baby while the other played with the older children. He did say that the smell of clorine was overwhelming so they only kept the baby in the water park for short periods of time - had her in the lobby/room the rest of the time. they did not put her in the water because he felt the amount of clorine may irritate her skin. they all had a great time.

lexie's mom
01-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks! I hope we will also have a great time.

hellokitty
01-29-2009, 09:14 PM
I would get a water sling and wear a 2 mo old if I were you. We very well may end up in that situation next yr (although not quite that young of an age), b/c we really enjoy going to indoor waterparks, esp during the winter.

Sugar Magnolia
01-29-2009, 10:20 PM
We are planning on going this summer and will have a newborn.

I figure one of us will do the water slides with the big kids inside and the other can sit outside or in the room with baby.

kerridean
01-29-2009, 10:30 PM
I guess I am the only one, but I would not. There have been a few cases of indoor water parks making people very sick due to contaminated water.

I would not risk it with the immature immune system of a newborn.