PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone really look good in yoga pants?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Just wondering what you think!

brittone2
01-29-2009, 05:22 PM
nak-
yeah, when doing yoga or working out ;)

eta: not me, just speaking in generalities LOL.

HGraceMom
01-29-2009, 05:50 PM
only my "Lucy" brand ones. Forget the pricey Nordstrom Zella pants...

ilfaith
01-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Aside from the woman who teaches yoga and pilates at my gym, I don't think so. But I suppose the Lululemon-wearing masses would disagree.

My legs are too stubby to wear yoga pants anywhere other than the gym.

Corie
01-29-2009, 05:57 PM
I've never tried them but I seriously doubt the stretchy material
could stretch far enough to cover my booty.

LarsMal
01-29-2009, 06:20 PM
The only time they looked good on me was right before I got married and I was in amazing shape. I still wouldn't wear them anywhere but to workout and home again, but I could pull them off w/o making sure I had my a$$ covered! Not anymore!

I do have a pair of maternity yoga pants that I absolutely love, but the booty MUST be covered!!!

ETA: The women in the Athleta catalog I get look amazing- of course- and make me want to buy everything in there after I have this baby. Like I'm going to look like them---HA!---but they make me want to!

BabyMine
01-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Nope

It shows off my cellulite to much.
The only time I wear yoga pants is in the dark or when I have a very ,very, very long shirt.

buddyleebaby
01-29-2009, 06:39 PM
4 year olds look cute.

LarsMal
01-29-2009, 06:43 PM
4 year olds look cute.

Good call. 2yo, too. Not fair that they can wear them and when someone says, "Oooh, look at those good chunky legs!" it's okay!!!

And yes, I've had people say that about DD- both in leggings AND in her bathing suit! Poor kid!

zephyr
01-29-2009, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't look good in them but I do see a lot of moms at target who wear them and they look good in them.

jayali
01-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Yup, those Athleta models doing the perfect Cobra and Warrior, but I am convinced they never had kids, cause when I put those very same pants on I know something went terribly, terribly wrong!

spanannie
01-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Yes, I know many ladies who look great in them.

alexsmommy
01-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Everyone I can think of who looks really good in them is:
a) under 24
b) never had kids
c) less than size 6

Then again, I get that they are quick, easy and comfy for mom's running around so I don't think too much about it when I see mommy friends wearing them.

BarbieSmith
01-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Ya know, I may be totally kidding myself, but I think I look better in yoga pants than in jeans or slacks or sweats! They have to be a very dark color, though. I have 40 pounds to lose, but am lucky that my booty is a J-LO type - big but luscious. But then again, maybe I really don't, ha ha :)

KBecks
01-30-2009, 10:21 AM
I like how I look in yoga pants, and I'm still a bit jiggly after baby #3.

What I'm looking for is men's yoga wear for my husband that is not going to make him feel effeminate. He enjoys yoga but wears the worst grey sweatpants with elastic around the ankles and a baggy grungy t-shirt.

SnuggleBuggles
01-30-2009, 10:23 AM
ANother possibly delusional mom here but I think I look pretty good in them. Mine have the fold over top so they aren't crazy low rise style (which doesn't look good on me). I don't know, they hug the right places on me and redefine the nice shape I have on my bottom half. I know they aren't real pants so I resist the urge to wear them in oublic except the gym. But, at home I think I look pretty cute.

The mom at ds's gymnastics though...not so much. I see why too much of her butt and thighs and they aren't pretty.

Beth

Melaine
01-30-2009, 10:23 AM
I like them (at least what I *think* are yoga pants) especially the ones with the foldy band at the waist, like the ones at ON now. But not the super tight ones. Those are ridiculous.

pb&j
01-30-2009, 10:56 PM
As long as you ignore my thrice-pregnant belly, I think I look okay in them. I have a very nice booty, if I do say so myself.

gatorsmom
01-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Not me. Definitely not me. Even before I had kids I had saddlebags which made me look terrible in knits. I have 20 lbs to lose now and i swear it's all hiding in my saddlebags (how convenient). Wearing yoga pants makes me look like I"m hiding a kid under each butt cheek. Not pretty.

KpbS
01-30-2009, 11:09 PM
not me. Definitely not me. Even before i had kids i had saddlebags which made me look terrible in knits. I have 20 lbs to lose now and i swear it's all hiding in my saddlebags (how convenient). Wearing yoga pants makes me look like i"m hiding a kid under each butt cheek. Not pretty.

:hysterical: