PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with sagging boobies?

tmonroe
01-29-2009, 05:24 PM
I noticed this week my breasts look different without a bra. I looked in the mirror and they are starting to sag. I'm too young for this. I asked DH if my boobs are starting to sag and he said yes! On a scale of 1-10 with ten being the worst he says it's a 4. I was so startled I slept with a bra on last night. I can't afford plastic surgery (and if I could I would most definitely have this issue fixed) so what can I do to uplift these boobies and prevent further sagging.

tylersmama
01-29-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't think there's much you can do to fix it. It's just one of the lovely side effects of having gone through pregnancy. The best thing you can do is to go get yourself fitted for a good bra at a reputable store (like a bra specialty store or Nordstrom). A well-fitting bra works wonders!

I wish I could figure out a fix for when not wearing a bra...I'm absolutely terrified at the prospect of dating and at some eventual point having to show someone new my super saggy boobs! :eek: and :bag

Nooknookmom
01-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Join the saggy club. Mine are small but they used to be in the right place. That was until 2 years of breastfeeding took them over! I told DH that by the time we're done BFing, they will be down to my knees.

I would have them pulled up and perhaps even go up a couple of sizes, if I had the $$. However I don't have the $$, so I will have to live w/ the droopies. Thank goodness for VS and the Ipex bra!

salsah
01-29-2009, 05:37 PM
don't know if it is true or not, but i have heard that doing push-ups helps, as does always wearing a bra.

tmonroe
01-29-2009, 05:39 PM
don't know if it is true or not, but i have heard that doing push-ups helps, as does always wearing a bra.

Thanks. I'll try anything and will go to this great place in Manhattan for bras. They are super inexpensive, super great quality and the fitting is excellent. I haven't been since I was preggo with DD.

carolinamama
01-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Right now mine are HUGE since I'm bfing DS but I am really afraid to see where they end up when I am done - my bellybutton, maybe? :hysterical:

If I have the money (not likely) after I am done having kids, I will seriously look into having something done about them. Bet I'll just have to settle for some good bras.

Ceepa
01-29-2009, 05:47 PM
We're built to be high and tight to attract the male of the species, and then we have kids, our duty to help continue the human race is fulfilled, and our bodies are never quite the same.

That being said, a woman's body is the most amazing creation there is. ;)

pinkmomagain
01-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Yes. I agree that getting a good lined bra really helps when wearing clothes. It's when the bra is off that's the problem. When they have perfected sucking the fat out of your butt/thighs/hips and injecting it into your boobs, is when I'm signing up for plastic surgery. But for now, I am really trying to be accepting of my body.

maestramommy
01-29-2009, 06:19 PM
My boobs are too small to sag, BUT my nipples do. That rather freaked me out when I first noticed it.

LarsMal
01-29-2009, 06:26 PM
My boobs are too small to sag, BUT my nipples do. That rather freaked me out when I first noticed it.

I always thought mine were too small to sag, but once I weaned DD they shrunk back to their normal size (34 B, but seemed more like barely B) and went south. Disgusting!!! I felt like I belonged in some National Geographic magazine! Now that I'm pg again, they are big and "up", but I'm afraid of where they'll be headed once I wean this one.

I've always said I would never have plastic surgery, and I wouldn't want to have anything added in, but they were so gross I said I wouln't mind having a little lift done at some point. Sad thing is, DH didn't tell me I was being ridiculous. :( He just said he'd need to start saving money to save my confidence!!

BabyMine
01-29-2009, 06:29 PM
I didn't notice mine were going south until my husband said that since we were done having kids I can get a boob lift.:47:

tmonroe
01-29-2009, 07:10 PM
I didn't notice mine were going south until my husband said that since we were done having kids I can get a boob lift.:47:

Would you be interested in that? Just curious. I would love a boob lift.

veronica
01-29-2009, 07:26 PM
yeah-my tiny ones sag too but that's nothing compared to the stretch marks left on my belly-I look like Kate (J&K+8), before her surgery, and I have only had two kids/pregnancies!

you think I can convince someone to do a reality show on us and have some doctor feel bad for me and then give me a tuck????????

tylersmama
01-29-2009, 07:43 PM
don't know if it is true or not, but i have heard that doing push-ups helps, as does always wearing a bra. Toning the underlying muscles (mostly the pecs) will help a little, but not a ton. Certainly doesn't hurt, though, and it's always good to do exercise, whatever the reason! ;)

maylips
01-29-2009, 08:36 PM

I absolutely would if we can afford it, although it probably won't be top on my priority list of what we can afford, if that makes sense. But even my absolutely-the-most-practical-person-in-the-world mother once told me she wished she had had a boob lift when she was younger. She would never have done it, but for her to even mention it is a huge thing.

gatorsmom
01-29-2009, 08:50 PM
My boobs were the feature I was most proud of on my body. "WERE" is the important word here. After breastfeeding 4 kids that's all over.

I was fitted for a nice, comfortable push-up bra recently and love it so much I could sleep in it comfortably. Its the Olga Christina Bra. Love it. it really puts the old girls back where they belong. However, the straps are fairly wide so come summer, I'm going to have to find a different one with thinner straps if I want to wear any of my summer tops. sigh.

ETA- I'm still proud of my boobs ( they fed 4 kids- that's amazing). They just don't LOOK amazing anymore.

hellokitty
01-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Lol, all I will say is yes, mine sag. I'm thinking that after a couple of kids most women's boobs sag.

tmonroe
01-29-2009, 09:21 PM
yeah-my tiny ones sag too but that's nothing compared to the stretch marks left on my belly-I look like Kate (J&K+8), before her surgery, and I have only had two kids/pregnancies!

you think I can convince someone to do a reality show on us and have some doctor feel bad for me and then give me a tuck????????
I swear by Bio Oil if you are interested. I call it a miracle worker.

tmonroe
01-29-2009, 09:23 PM
I absolutely would if we can afford it, although it probably won't be top on my priority list of what we can afford, if that makes sense. But even my absolutely-the-most-practical-person-in-the-world mother once told me she wished she had had a boob lift when she was younger. She would never have done it, but for her to even mention it is a huge thing.

After 5 babies and breastfeeding them all I think my mothers boobs are higher than mine. Somethings should be hereditary. LOL

g-mama
01-29-2009, 09:43 PM
I had a boob lift in September. Love the results. Love them! The recovery was not nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be and it was so completely worth it. I also had them reduced (from a DD to a full C) and I am so happy to be able to wear PJs around the house and have perky boobs that stand up on their own and not all sweaty underneath from skin on skin rubbing.

MontrealMum
01-29-2009, 09:51 PM
When they have perfected sucking the fat out of your butt/thighs/hips and injecting it into your boobs, is when I'm signing up for plastic surgery.

I'm right there with you :) But right now I'm trying to be accepting too...

BabyMine
01-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Yes I would. There are other items on my list that I would like done also. I would like to do them all at once.

KpbS
01-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Doesn't it just go w/ the territory of being a mama? Are there actually women (mothers--esp. who have bf) who don't?

ThreeofUs
01-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Not after DS1, but I'm pretty sure I will after DS2!

With DS1, I didn't know that wearing underwire bras and other, really supportive bodices would (1) affect my milk supply and (2) lead to plugged ducts and pain. So I kept my two really super supported.

This time, I'm wearing JW nursing tops as my underwear, and I can *ahem* see the difference in the low hang.

ahrimie
01-29-2009, 11:55 PM
I swear by Bio Oil if you are interested. I call it a miracle worker.

Does Bio Oil work once you have stretch marks or just prevent them? If it can treat current ones... where can I get some?!!

ahrimie
01-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Doesn't it just go w/ the territory of being a mama? Are there actually women (mothers--esp. who have bf) who don't?

My grandma breastfed 6 kids and her boobies are literally at belly button level. My lil bro used to be so fascinated with them when we were little. :ROTFLMAO:

SnuggleBuggles
01-30-2009, 12:09 AM
I don't think mine are saggy. If so, they don't bother me. I wouldn't do anything about them even if they were a problem b/c I don't tend to worry about that stuff. I'll tone up what I can with exercising and accept anything else as a fact of life. :)

Beth

Momof3Labs
01-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Okay, ladies, exercising did NOT help me here!! Mine were full (38C-D) and looked pretty good with a bra, then I started to exercise and lose weight. Part of my exercise routine was weight training, including those chest muscles. I lost 25lbs and gained some incredibly saggy boobs. Just stick with a good, supportive bra and, if you can afford it, a boob job (I think that I'm using my lottery winnings for a tummy tuck first, though).

Piglet
01-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Yes, they sag, but they weren't anything to be proud of in the first place, LOL. Let's just assume DH loves me for my personality and intellegence and ignore the saggy boobs, muffin top and other wild and wacky outcomes of motherhood. Honestly though, at this point DH is so happy to see any part of me naked that he doesn't care what it looks like!

MamaKath
01-30-2009, 12:31 AM
I asked DH if my boobs are starting to sag and he said yes! On a scale of 1-10 with ten being the worst he says it's a 4.
:6:Shame on him!!! Have you mentioned his parts that have changed?!?!?!

Yes, thinking about it makes me wish I had small ones, there would be much less to sag.

wendibird22
01-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Honestly though, at this point DH is so happy to see any part of me naked that he doesn't care what it looks like!

Yup, that's my DH too! I'm not done BF yet, but they've already started heading south. When I lay down they disappear into my armpits.