PDA

View Full Version : Am I a complete dork for wanting this...

LarsMal
01-30-2009, 12:35 PM
I am SO tired of bending over and picking toys up all the time. This pregnancy is kicking my butt, and at 25+ weeks I already feel like I'm 38.

The kids help a little, but not enough, and there is ALWAYS something to pick up. I just can't do it anymore!!!

So...I think I'm going to head over to BB&Beyond today with my 20% off coupon and buy one of those grabber things. I know it's probably ridiculous, but I'm really that desperate NOT to have to keep bending down or over.

I swear, I'm becoming more like my 84yo grandmother every day!!!

Am I a total loser for wanting/buying this?!? It's okay, you can be honest!

Corie
01-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Am I going to see you on the side of the highway picking up trash
with your new grabber thingy?

:)

mamaoftwins
01-30-2009, 01:17 PM

:hysterical:

Honestly, if it makes your life easier, go for it! :)

LarsMal
01-30-2009, 01:47 PM

The way the whole nesting thing is hitting me this time around, you just might!!! ;)

srhs
01-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Grab one! It'll come in handy post-preg too....items way under the bed, between the washer and dryer, etc.

OR, start telling your DH you just cannot pick up, and he'll have to take over. ;)

LarsMal
01-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Grab one! It'll come in handy post-preg too....items way under the bed, between the washer and dryer, etc.

OR, start telling your DH you just cannot pick up, and he'll have to take over. ;)

This is kind of my replacement for him since he's starting his new job soon and I'll be living the life of a pregnant single mom with 2 kids- Monday through Friday at least!!!

Melaine
01-30-2009, 02:48 PM
My mom used to use this rake type thing. She said it was made for old-school shag carpet to make it look neat. She used to actually rake up the toys, especially the ones with tons of little pieces.

If it would help you, I say buy the grabby thing!

DietCokeLover
01-30-2009, 04:12 PM
While you are pregnant is the time to take advantage of all those little extra helps. I say go for it!

octmom
01-30-2009, 04:19 PM
We do a yankee swap gift exchange in my office every December, and there are always some gag gifts in the mix. I brought one of those grabbers this year-- the Gopher II! It was the most popular item in the whole exchange. Several people really wanted it, which cracked me up. One guy wanted it to retreive balls from the under the couch for his dog, one guy was getting ready for hip surgery (though it got postponed), one reallyy short woman wanted it. It was too funny! My DS really wanted to keep it too! :ROTFLMAO:

I bought it at Target. :)

ThreeofUs
01-30-2009, 04:51 PM
We have two - and one is my g'mom's!

We love them b/c we have high cabinets, but DS loves them just for the fun of it.

Get one and have a ball!

LarsMal
01-30-2009, 04:57 PM
I was telling my neighbor what I wanted to buy and she said she had one I could use. I just got it so I'm going to give it a whirl!!!

hellokitty1
01-30-2009, 06:37 PM
This is kind of my replacement for him since he's starting his new job soon and I'll be living the life of a pregnant single mom with 2 kids- Monday through Friday at least!!!

DH offered to buy me one when we saw it on the "As seen on TV" aisle at Target. :icon_twisted:

Thatchermom
01-30-2009, 07:54 PM
If you're a dork, I am too! I went and got one of those from Walmart when I was pregnant with DD. I had such horrible nausea and heartburn, and all the bending for toys made it so much worse. It really did do the trick for me! I loved it, it made me feel useful again. We do still use it to get things from under and behind furniture, but it's real use was just what you are thinking of. Go for it!

doberbrat
01-30-2009, 09:27 PM
I use mine all the time and I'm not even pg though I do have back issues and fibromaylasia.

if soemthing's on the floor, I generally do one of 2 things, ask one of the dogs to pick it up or use the grabber thing.

go for it. if it makes you feel better, no one will know :)