PDA

View Full Version : Bouncer type chair for travel?

GingerMa09
01-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Hello All - I'm expecting my 1st baby in a few months and am still trying to figure out what gear I will need. I'm currently researching bouncer seats for the baby when she is an infant (and maybe beyond ..). The key feature I would like is that it can taken with us for road trips to grandma's house. I don't want it to be too bulky for travel. I don't anticipate my in-laws buying gear to keep at their house for when we visit. I don't know what we will need for the visits, but am not keen keeping the baby in her car seat for the visits since we are typically there for an entire day or over night. Any advice ..thanks in advance!

WatchingThemGrow
01-30-2009, 02:09 PM
IME, grandparents sitting on the couch are the best bouncy seats! If they're able to buy something, get a simple $60 Graco Pack N Play from Walmart.com or Albee baby and a FP Healthy Care booster seat for feeding. Those are valuable and have a long life. They'll be used multiple times during the day there for routine naps and feeding.

SnuggleBuggles
01-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Yep, grandparents are often very good bouncy seats. :) Lots of floor time with just a blanket works well too. Fisher Price might still make their travel swing. It folds up to an easily managed size.

If you need a seat I would probably just buy something to keep there. Both my parents and my ILs had friends that were grandparents and had stuff that they were willing to lend out when we came to visit. See if they are willing to ask around for hand me downs or gear to borrow. My ILs also picked up a new Pack n Play that was useful for many purposes.

Beth

JdrKuhnert
01-30-2009, 04:46 PM
We have the Baby Bjorn babysitter 123. It is lightweight, folds up nicely, and has a long life. We've taken it to parties and on vacation. It's the only bouncer that we have.

clc053103
01-30-2009, 04:49 PM
DS hated the bouncer and I've heard it's not uncommon. did have the FP travel swing and thought it was the greatest thing.

alirebco
02-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I would get one of the $25 Fisher Price bouncer seats at Target - we actually had one as our main bouncer and DS loved it. My mom got one for her house as well as the cheap PNP (I think it's Winnie the Pooh) and a cheap highchair and she stores it at her house for the grandkids. I would at least get the bouncy seat and the FP Healthy Care booster seat to leave there. We have the booster in our car for going out and we love it! I would see if they could get the PNP.