PDA

View Full Version : PF Changs...anything a 1 and 4 year old can eat?

lmwbasye
01-30-2009, 02:46 PM
or should I just bring something for them from home. My parents are coming down for the weekend and have a GC they need to spend. My kiddos generally eat rather bland and familiar foods, so not sure Chinese (which they've never had) would fly.

Anyone done this before?

TIA!

nupe
01-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Dumplings, just use soy sauce for dipping
Chow mein style noodles w/veggies

SnuggleBuggles
01-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Never eaten there but I was just thinking about my 6yo and how he prefers any ethnic food over traditional American fare. You might find your kids are totally in board with it. Egg rolls and spring rolls, while not that healthy, are likely to get a thumbs up from them. I'd just feed them whatever you are eating. You may be surprised. :)

Beth

carolinamama
01-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Depends on the kids. My DS loves it. He eats the chicken lettuce wraps without the lettuce wrap, the Changs spicy chicken (not all that spicy when cut up) and will sometimes eat some of our hot and sour soup. I bet your kids will want to eat it if you are.

MaiseyDog
01-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Both my kids love the chicken lo mein

o_mom
01-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Honey chicken is a favorite here. :)

LarsMal
01-30-2009, 03:08 PM
DD is a pretty bland eater, but she absolutely LOVES lo mein. "boo-sketi" as she calls it! I'd give that a try.

Have fun...PF Changs is sooo yummy!

egoldber
01-30-2009, 03:12 PM
It definitely depends on the kid. Amy would eat there, but the only thing Sarah will eat there is the rice. :ROTFLMAO:

g-mama
01-30-2009, 03:21 PM
The honey chicken is a safe bet.

My kids love Chinese food more than anything in the world, so they will eat most anything there as long as it is not too spicy.

AngelaS
01-30-2009, 03:42 PM
If you get sweet and sour chicken w/out the sauce, it's essentially chicken nuggets.

vejemom
01-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Honey chicken? Fried rice? I think you'll probably be okay. You might even be surprised.

DH is from South East Asia. With MIL here during the week, I tend to cook Indian food more often than I cook American. I used to make a separate meal for DD#1. Then it occurred to me that DD#1 turns her nose up at cheese, eggs, mac n' cheese, etc. However, she happily gobbles down Dhal and rice and is crazy for Pappadum (sort of the Indian version of potato chips, made from lentil flour and spices). DH used to have a heart attack every time I gave her Pappadum because he was convinced they were too spicy for her and that she would get sick. Nope! She also loves chili, and asks for Chinese food if you ask her what she wants for dinner. :ROTFLMAO:

DrSally
01-30-2009, 06:42 PM
I think they have something on the menu that is just steamed veggies (no sauce). They could have this and rice. We did this for DS who has allergies.

wencit
01-30-2009, 08:48 PM
DS loves the beef chow fun, which is basically rice noodles stir fried with beef and soy sauce. Of course, DS would eat anything carb, so he could eat a whole bowl of rice and be happy, too.

Cam&Clay
01-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Honey chicken is a favorite here. :)

:yeahthat:

kellij
01-31-2009, 12:48 AM
My kids love the "worms." (Chicken lo mein). They are super-picky eaters too.

MMMommy
01-31-2009, 12:58 AM
Honey chicken for sure. DDs love it. And of course they have regular steamed white rice and steamed brown rice. Also, chicken chow mein would be kid-friendly choice, as well as the chicken lettuce wraps.

crayonblue
01-31-2009, 01:01 AM
Lauren would eat the rice and that's it. I would eat anything on the menu! I love P.F. Changs!