PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run with their Wii Fit?

SnuggleBuggles
01-30-2009, 02:46 PM
I just started using my Wii Fit and I unlocked the free run. So, I run for 10 minutes and it tells me how far I have gone. It's smoking crack if it thinks I ran 2 miles in 10 minutes. I am not in that kind of shape. 1 mile in 10 minutes? Much more normal. I might be able to eek out 1.25 miles in 10 minutes. I had already been skeptical about how it was tracking my running but now I want to know what other people think about the running- and how off you think it is.

It's been fun at least!
Beth

Melaine
01-30-2009, 02:49 PM
I've heard that the WiiFit is often "off" on it's calculations, but I've never spoken to someone who used it IRL. I'd love to hear your opinion on the other features of Wii Fit...it sounds fun to me!

bethie_73
01-30-2009, 03:06 PM
I haven't done it yet.... but I do race DS and he always beats me :tongue5:

SnuggleBuggles
01-30-2009, 06:07 PM
I've heard that the WiiFit is often "off" on it's calculations, but I've never spoken to someone who used it IRL. I'd love to hear your opinion on the other features of Wii Fit...it sounds fun to me!

My review...If you are already in shape I think it is not all that helpful. Most of the exercises aren't very challenging. I have unlocked all the aerobics and some are so easy (mainly the step aerobics). But, they are still fun. Hula hoop is quite a challenge! Today I ran again and in 10 minutes did 1.5 miles, much more normal than that 2 miles it said I ran the other day. I unlocked free run which allows me to run while watching the tv. I feel like a dork running in place but I get a workout in this activity.

The yoga and strength exercises are pretty good. I haven't really done yoga before so I am beginner. I am into strength training so I can do those exercises with ease. They aren't very challenging.

I do enjoy working out with it though because I like having those goals. I need to x skill for x amount of time then it grades me. I don't know, it seems to motivate me to keep going, When I do DVDs I don't feel as motivated. I am one who does my best in classes so to have any kind of accountability is nice.

I have found the weight to be right on.

It has merit. I enjoy working out with it. It's not the same as going to the gym but for now (while I have a toddler who hates going to the gym nursery) it is at least something. I don't think I would pay full price for it but if you find it used I think it's a nice thing to have. :)

Beth