PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren Volo vs Triumph

mominma
01-30-2009, 04:07 PM
I just bought both the Triumph and the Volo, got great deals on both with the Target markdowns. I am trying to decide pros and cons for an upcoming trip. This is to be used with my 3 year old who does not sit in the stroller much unless tired, although sometimes, my 5 year old will jump in, if the seat is empty. Is the mesh on the Volo comfortable to kids? Is the Volo much easier with the lighter weight and smaller fold? Is the Triumph a better stroller? I know it retails for more (and I paid more for that stroller). I know there is a recline and more padding - any other differences?

Thank you for your input!

mom2acrew
01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
The Volo tends to have a bit more room in the seat and better for older kids not needing to nap. If this is just for the 3 and 5 yr old I would say Volo. If you plan to have another DC Triumph.

mominma
01-30-2009, 04:38 PM
I was just comparing the 2 and I think the volo is easier to fold and I do like the smaller size. I think I am going to keep this one and unload all the other strollers that I have acquired over the last 8 years!

At this point, there are no plans for a #4 :-)

lorinick
01-30-2009, 04:39 PM
For your needs I think the Volo would be a great choice. The kids are older and don't sit for long periods of time and the stroller is lighter than the Triumph. I usually vote for the Tri. or the Quest. But not in this situation.

AnnieW625
01-30-2009, 05:29 PM
My almost three year old will still nap in the Triumph if she is really tired and for that reason I like the better fabric, and the one position recline. The Volo has always looked kind of cheap to me with the mesh fabric seat and such.

AngelaS
01-30-2009, 10:58 PM
The Volo bowed when my 40lb dd sat in it. The Triumph did not.

kate2128
01-30-2009, 11:31 PM
I love our Volo! I've used ours for 3 years and my ds who is 4 and about 44 inches and 44 lbs rode in it for about 2 or 3 hours and napped for at least 1 hour around the inauguration when we were in downtown DC for an entire day. Both my boys have always seemed comfortable in the Volo and the fabric has held up great. I did just buy a Quest to replace it so I have a lightweight stroller option for dd, but I really think the Volo is an awesome stroller.