PDA

View Full Version : Need help re. refunds and Paypal

luvmypeanut
01-30-2009, 06:04 PM
In December, I ordered Christmas cards from a website that I've used for 4 years. I didn't receive the proofs in a timely manner so I emailed her and she sent them to me. They were fine and I immediately authorized her to print them. Christmas came and went and I didn't get the cards. I sent a few emails and left phone messages. She got back to me finally after the new year, said her father passed away and wasn't able to keep on top of her business. I requested a refund and she said she would refund me right away. More than two weeks and several more emails to her later, I still have not received the refund. Her website is now down. I checked the resolution center on the Paypal website but it says that it is for ebay purchases. Am I out of luck on this? I can't even call her anymore because I don't have the phone number.

KrisM
01-30-2009, 06:40 PM
You could call paypal and ask to be sure.

But, I filed a dispute for a subscription to a website. I paid for a year and they closed up after 2 months. Ebay wasn't involved, but I could still file. I believe I started at the transaction and there was a link. If not, I put in the transaction number in a dispute.

Good luck.

ha98ed14
01-30-2009, 09:23 PM
I am not sure about PayPal, but another route you could try would be your credit card company if that is what you used to pay via PayPal.

jerigirl
01-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Filing a dispute thru paypal isn't only for ebay transactions. You only have 45 days from the date of the transaction to file a claim so I wouldn't wait. Log into your PP acct and click on the Resolution Center link On the "My Account" page. From there click on "Dispute a Transaction". Msgs will be sent to the seller and after a certain period of time if she doesn't take any action, PP will rule in your favor and if she has any money in the bank acct attached to her PP acct they will pull the funds from that. If there isn't any money in the acct then you are probably out of luck.

luvmypeanut
01-31-2009, 07:35 PM
I did file a dispute but Paypal said the type of transaction is not eligible for dispute resolution. Oh well. I guess all I can do is continue to email her daily with my refund request.

KrisM
01-31-2009, 07:40 PM
I did file a dispute but Paypal said the type of transaction is not eligible for dispute resolution. Oh well. I guess all I can do is continue to email her daily with my refund request.

I'd still call paypal and talk to a person and ask them why.