PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried Debbie Meyer greenbags?

tmonroe
01-30-2009, 07:55 PM
I have been dying to try these but DH says he doubts they work.

MmeSunny
01-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Consumer reports did a thing on them and said pretty much that they're crap.

I am admitting that there is a box of them in my cabinet at this moment. . . .

tylersmama
01-30-2009, 08:37 PM
My mom gave me a bunch for Christmas. I was way skeptical, but I have to say that I think they work! I have a container of blueberries in my refrigerator right now that I bought over a week ago, and they're still going strong. Typically blueberries only last 3-4 days, tops, in my fridge before they start getting shrivel-y and nasty. I'm also using them for my bananas, and I haven't noticed as huge a difference, but I think I'm getting at least an extra day or two before they get too brown. I've got some green onions in one right now that I don't think I'm going to get to until next week, so I'll let you know on those. ;)

SnuggleBuggles
01-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Yeah, testing reports I have seen on them give them a thumbs down. I'm glad they are working for the pp but I think I would wait to see if it is a lasting trend or just fresher produce to start than other times.

Beth

tarabenet
01-30-2009, 10:32 PM
I see a definite difference with produce I put in those bags, and DH does too. I've seen Consumer Reports publish reports I consider faulty before. They may be better than many organizations, but they aren't infallible either.

tylersmama
01-31-2009, 02:21 AM
Yeah, after all I learned here about baby gear, I've pretty much stopped relying on Consumer Reports for anything. If they can be so wrong about things like car seats, it makes me pretty doubtful about their reliability for other products!

greatcanuk
01-31-2009, 11:03 AM
These have worked really well for me--it seems like our leafy green vegetables last forever in them. I like the bread ones too--bakery loaves don't get moldy as fast in them. Reusablebags.com sells these, and I think they are pretty reputable.

Maybe the different results are because of climate?

Camille

wellyes
01-31-2009, 12:19 PM
My aunt swears by them, I've been meaning to try them. I haven't heard anyone, aside from Consumer Reports (who is hardly the be-all-end-all IMO) say they don't work. HOW they work is beyond me though.