PDA

View Full Version : Ignoring a facebook friend request...

mamica
01-30-2009, 10:29 PM
So, 2 facebook questions:
1 - If someone sends me a friend request, and I ignore it...do they get some sort of notification?

2 - This question is related to the first one, but there's someone I want to add, but I can't remember if I already sent a request. I found this person on a mutual friend's list...if I clicked "add as friend" on the right, it would say something like request pending. So, if that person chooses to ignore my request, what happens? Does it forever say request pending, or does it go back to the "add a friend" option? Basically, I *think* that I did in fact request this person to be a friend, but it doesn't show anything pending, so I'm guessing this person ignored my request? (how embarrassing!)

mariza
01-30-2009, 10:42 PM
No, they do not get a notification per say, but they (like you did) will notice that they haven't recieved a confirmation of the request. Don't take it personally though there are lots of reasons someone may ignore a friend request that has nothing to do with that person. I recently ignored someones request simply because when I looked at her profile I noticed she had an ex-boyfriend of mine on her friend list. We all used to work together in High School and even though my profile is private I know that whatever was written on her wall would be available for him (and all others) to see. I thought it best not open that door. Facebook can be fun, but kind of creepy at the same time!

citymama
01-30-2009, 10:55 PM
One q. 1 - no they don't get a notification.
on q. 2 - it could be that they ignored your request. or it could be that a certain amt of time has passed and if they haven't accepted or declined, it goes back to default mode? dunno. some people aren't really active on FB, they have an account but never log in, and so take months to accept friend requests.