PDA

View Full Version : Would like to hear reviews of the Peg Perego Skate

mariza
01-30-2009, 11:22 PM
My cousin is getting this stroller for her first baby and I found a review of it on You Tube that was favorable. With the exception of the weight, it seems great but would love to hear any firsthand experiences. TIA!

meme9300
01-31-2009, 09:19 AM
I don't have it but hav eheard from a friend that there are these plastic pieces that are really flimsy that hold the seat together. For such an expensive and seeminly well made stroller these pieces would always break. I am sure others can comment on the specific problem.

Personally, it is HEAVY. If she is going to spend that much money she should probably go for the uppababy or the bugaboo!

mariza
01-31-2009, 09:34 AM
I definately tried to talk her into the Uppa Baby but she belongs to a private membership store that sells the Skate for well under the price of the Uppa. I did do a search here, but most of the posts I found were about the weight, I was hoping to get some more details.

edurnemk
01-31-2009, 08:02 PM
The new 2009 Skate will be much lighter (10 lb less) but won't be available until march or april. I really wanted the Skate, but the weight was a real deal breaker, I had another 28 lb stroller (6 lb lighter than the Skate) and I hated lugging that one in and out of the trunk, or pushing it uphill or one handed through door-ways. Believe me, you may think you can over look the wieght but it gets old very fast.
The 2008 is on sale for 500 or less in many places for that reason, instead of the original 899 it was selling for in the beginning.
So I would personally wait for the 2009, but it probably will be more expensive.

IDcam
01-31-2009, 08:38 PM
I stumbled onto this website while browsing for other strollers. Looks like the 2009 "Skate Elite" isn't coming out until 2010.

http://www.pishposhbaby.com/peg-perego-skate-elite-stroller.html