PDA

View Full Version : DD has 24 hour bug - I'm 8 months pregnant and worried...

Jenny_A
01-31-2009, 12:50 AM
DD just finished up the 24 hour bug. Lots of throwing up but that was about it (no fever or other symptoms). I sort of feel I'm doomed. It's pretty catchy. I'm 8 months pregnant. If I get sick, do I need to worry about the baby? Does the baby feel sick too? Any advice?

DH has been doing shots of whiskey hoping to kill any bugs in his system. He's not a drinker so it's funny to see him do that. That's probably not the best idea for me ;-). Although, after taking care of DD for 24 hours, a shot of whiskey would have been nice - ha ha!

Jenny

ged
01-31-2009, 03:06 AM
My DD had that bug this past Monday and so far we are all fine. I don't think you are necessarily doomed, and even if you did get sick, I don't think your baby will be harmed.

I like to dose up on Vit. C/Sodium Ascorbate if I feel I am getting sick. Both are safe to take while pregnant.

mommymy
01-31-2009, 03:34 AM
Sounds like he has a virus and there is a chance that you too will get sick. But even if you do get the virus, your baby should be fine. Make sure you keep hydrated, especially if you are vomiting and if you find that you cannot b/c you are throwing up so much or have diarrhea, get to an UC for IV hydration. Keep counting baby's kicks/movements and if that decreases call your OB. Continue good hygiene like constant hand washing and you may want to disinfect the house, if you feel up to it. But chances are, you are already exposed to the virus so hopefully you have already had this virus and you won't get sick :) Positive thoughts :) And congrats on your pregnancy.

pinkmomagain
01-31-2009, 09:25 AM
I had a stomach bug during one of my pregnancies and got through it OK.

bluestarfish18
01-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Jenny,

I'm in the exact pickle. DS is 10 months and I'm 7 1/2 months PG. We've been passing around some stomach bug for the past 2 weeks. Just keep yourself hydrated and nourished. The human body has an amazing way of making sure your child gets all the nutrients it needs, even if you aren't getting as much. If you do get a fever however, call your OB. Tylenol is OK to take-we've been best friends for the past few weeks. Feel better, don't fret.