PDA

View Full Version : I need one of those big foam bats...

LarsMal
01-31-2009, 11:39 AM
So I can hit DH upside the head with it and maybe knock some sense into him!

Last night he got really excited that Springsteen is coming to the area in May- 8 days after my due date. The odds of me making it to my due date are slim to none, but when I told him the concert was 8 days after my EDD, he said- after pausing for a second to think, and completely serious- "Well, it could be our first night out alone."

HAHAHA! Because our 10 minute trip to Target (alone) when DD was about 10 days old wasn't enough to send me to bed for a couple hours, a concert will be JUST FINE! Make sure you get us seats that require us to stand the whole time so I can dance my baby-fat away. Not to mention feedings...

So please, help me find a foam bat (I don't want to cause any permanent damage with a real one)! Or, maybe I should just go join him in La-La Land. An escape from reality could be just what I need! ;)

o_mom
01-31-2009, 11:46 AM
You don't need a foam bat.... skip straight to the frying pan.

kedss
01-31-2009, 11:50 AM
yeah, I'd go with the frying pan-
its kinda like when the father of my children suggested that his parents(in Iceland) come to stay with us for a month on July 1st(due date for dd was 6/23), and he told me this idea at a Wendy's about a month before said due date. I almost borrowed a frying pan from their kitchen, LOL

hugs

hellokitty
01-31-2009, 06:42 PM
You can always use a pool noodle and whack him with that. Or throw shoes at him.

LarsMal
02-01-2009, 12:27 AM
:hysterical: He brought it up again tonight and decided it could all work out- I could just get my OB to write me a "...doctor's note for a wheelchair, and then we could get really great seats b/c you'd be in a wheelchair." :hysterical:

We did come to an agreement, though. I'm going to try to get tickets for a show at a different venue a couple weeks before that. If I make it, great, if not we'll just sell the tickets. Of course, now DH has this grand plan- I'll get the tickets for the show and schedule my c/s (if that's what I do) for the next day. That way, he can take a 1/2 day of work the day of the concert and just plan on being out the rest of the week. What a brilliant man!!! (You'd think this was his first time around, and not his third- I thought he had picked up on the fact that these babies do their own thing!)