PDA

View Full Version : Look at the ad that was at the top of my gmail

overcome
01-31-2009, 04:38 PM
HFCS Mercury Studies - HFCSFacts.com/SweetSurprise - High fructose corn syrup is safe. Mercury study outdated—Learn more.

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/iclk?sa=l&ai=BN0rJH7aESfCEA5ni_Aa8zrSVB8iRpYgBsMuX-AjAjbcBgOowEAEYASCGj4ACOABQlYDKyvj_____AWDJzq6M0KS IErIBCWdtYWlsLmNvbcgBAdoBMGh0dHA6Ly9nbWFpbC5jb20vc DNqN3IxMmJjYXJ5Zjh3bDdtMTI3MG8zZXVrcGZ5bYACAcgCyt_ lCqgDAegD7QToA8gD6AN69QMCAAAE&num=1&adurl=http://www.hfcsfacts.com/HFCS-Mercury-Study-Outdated.html%3Futm_source%3DGoogle%26utm_medium%3 Dppc%26utm_campaign%3DCN%2520Mercury%2520Myth

Totally ridiculous. How do these ppl sleep @night.....same way the cigarette ppl do I guess...

LarsMal
01-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Surprised it took them this long to put something out!

This is the line that gets me:

"High fructose corn syrup contains no artificial or synthetic ingredients or color additives and meets FDA’s requirements for the use of the term ‘natural.”

If that's true, why don't any of the "all natural" foods I buy have HFCS in them???

bluestarfish18
01-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Love it....of course it's sponsered by the Corn Growers of America (don't get me wrong, I love corn, but in it's orignal yellow-eared state)..

That's like the Cattlemen of America's ad a few years back advertising the greatness of eating a beef based diet.

gatorsmom
01-31-2009, 05:33 PM
That's like the Cattlemen of American's ad a few eyars back advertising the greatness of eating a beef based diet.

LOL. But it IS great- right up until you keel over from a heart attack. And what are you guys TALKING about- smoking is so fun as long as you don't mind cancer and the second and third hand smoke killing off your family and friends. insert eye roll.

hellokitty
01-31-2009, 06:30 PM
You know, the sad part is that there are honestly ppl out there who are like, "Well, the ad on tv said it's safe, so it must be safe." I feel like our society is so easy to brainwash via media and ppl either don't care enough too look into things for themselves or I don't know, they are just stupid and want to believe everything they see on tv? Of course, the ladies here are the exception. :tongue5:

gatorsmom
01-31-2009, 06:36 PM
You know, the sad part is that there are honestly ppl out there who are like, "Well, the ad on tv said it's safe, so it must be safe."

All the people on my mother's side of the family are like this. Honestly, I know MANY more people who are like this than who research things. It IS scary.