PDA

View Full Version : best comfortable baby carrier for air travel?

drvns
02-01-2009, 02:07 AM
I will be travelling with my 10 mnth old baby on a 18 hr international flight , its going to be a really long flight with 4 stopovers each maybe 3 to 4 hr duration. I need help choosing a really comfortable baby carrier for him for the poor guy is only going to be having a bassinet on flight and no seat, that means he will end up being carried most of the time both off and on the flight.I was using the baby bJorn when he younger( about 4 mnths) but realised that now since he is 10 mnths, he may not be too comfortable hanging in that position with the carrier cutting into him most of the time,Can anybody suggest a really good comfortable and easy carrier that I can use for carrying him for long periods of time ? I dont mind any type of carrier, the only criteria i care about is that it should be comfortable for the baby and easy to wear in a cinch for I might be having to remove it and wear it often, especially during security checks.Any suggestions?and thanks for the help

Swimfreak78
02-03-2009, 07:54 PM
I think a soft structured carrier like an Ergo or a Beco might be best.

lowrioh
02-03-2009, 08:20 PM
I just used my Ergo on our marathon trip with our DD. I was able to wear her through security and they didn't make me take her out. I wore her in the airport and when she got fussy on the plane I put her on and walked around the aisles. I have a Becco and I think that would have worked just as well.
If you've never used an Ergo or becco, they might look a little complicated but once you have used them once or twice, taking them on and off is very easy.

maestramommy
02-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Ergo. Hands down. We use it particularly to get through security. Leaves our hands free for all the other stuff.

ahrimie
02-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Ergo. Hands down. We use it particularly to get through security. Leaves our hands free for all the other stuff.

Yes, ERGO!!

citymama
02-04-2009, 03:02 AM
Ergo, Ergo, Ergo!

I've done so many trips with DD in the Ergo, right up to 26 months or so. Now that she is almost 3, I totally miss it. At 10 months, the Ergo is really handy to have for getting out and about when you are back home as well, not just for travel.