PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Zen Swing

Cubdriver
02-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Does anyone own the Fisher Price Zen swing? It is our number one choice right now because it has the option to be plugged in or it can operate off of batteries. Based on conversations with our friends, everyone seems to think that the extra cost upfront is well worth it since we will not be buying batteries. Please let me know if you have had any experience with it good or bad.

Thanks

Staraglimmer
02-02-2009, 02:04 AM
Well, DD is 9 months old and we have never changed the batteries in her swing. She just doesn't love it that much. Also, there are cheaper swings made by fisher price that plug in. DD has one at grandma's house. Honestly, I prefer her battery opperated swing. It seems to have more power.

Nechums
02-02-2009, 11:11 AM
We have the Papasan Natures Touch by Fisher Price. We've had it for 4 months and haven't changed the batteries yet even though it's used daily for at least 20 minutes trying to get my son to nap.

The non-AC adapter model seems to be phasing out so you can probably find it for cheap. We paid a little over $75 for it. I don't think it's worth spending more for an AC adapter.

fortato
02-02-2009, 12:08 PM
If I could do it again, I would buy a swing that could be plugged in. Jack LOVED his swing, and I replaced the batteries at least 5 times. (It was the FP Ocean Wonders Cradle/Swing)

Jenn850
02-07-2009, 08:05 PM
We have the zen swing and dd loves it. Thank God we got the plug in type because alot of nights she will sleep in it. I justified the cost by not getting a bouncer. The seat picks right up out of the swing and stands up on its own.

BeccaB.
02-07-2009, 11:32 PM
My son is 6 weeks old and we bought the FP Rainforest swing. It also plugs in. I bought it specifically for that reason even though I didn't like the fabric on it very much. After using it for 6 weeks, I am so glad we went for the swing that had the option to be either battery powered or plug in. My son sleeps in it for naps for 2 to 3 hours at time. I can't imagine how many batteries we would have gone through by now. I totally recommend buying the plug in swing.

JTsMom
02-08-2009, 05:53 PM
It's really pretty- I had to gogle it. The price is crazy though for something that gets used for such a short time. It looks really comfy though, and it has my number 1 needed feature- it swings both ways.

DS LOVED his swing. It was the only place he'd nap without me holding him, and it had to be on full blast the whole time or else he'd wake up (we had the aquarium one mentioned above). Anyway, we bought 2 sets of rechargeable batteries for it- one was always ready to go that way. They needed changed frequently- I'd guess at least every 10 days, if not more often.

If you really love it, I'd consider it, just keep in mind that a lot of babies don't like swings, and if yours doesn't your out a lot of money.