PDA

View Full Version : when did your DD quit playing with baby dolls?

Babywhite
02-01-2009, 05:09 PM
I posted the other day that we are headed to Boston and will be going to the American Girl store.

I asked (and got some great feedback) about which doll we should buy for our DD.

DH asked me a question and then.... he actually asked me to post the question here for you guys! I was quite impressed... I think HE has finally figured out why I love, love, love this board. It is great in so many ways... :)

Anyway, we would like to know when your DD quit playing with dolls. (not the 18" American Girl dolls but baby dolls that you feed, change, etc.) We are planning on waiting on an AG doll until DD can view it differently -- not as a baby doll that you feed, change, etc.

Please feel free to add info after you make your choice in the pole. :)

TIA
Babywhite

Melaine
02-01-2009, 05:19 PM
I just wanted to add my 2cents even though my girls are only two. I voted over six because I played with dolls and loved them until I was older....I would say when I was 8 or so I really started getting into the AG type dolls with the books, and the baby dolls were a little less fun for me...

kristenk
02-01-2009, 05:32 PM
I can't vote. :) DD will turn 5 in a couple of weeks and she's over the moon about her new baby doll. She would like a new stroller for her birthday b/c her current one is a bit too small for the new (newborn-size) baby.

I'll be watching the results!

egoldber
02-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Sarah still plays with her baby dolls, although she now does prefer the 18" dolls.

Babywhite
02-02-2009, 03:43 AM
bumping up in case anyone else wants to vote :)

AngelaS
02-02-2009, 08:01 AM
I said over 6 since my 6.5 yo still plays w/her Bitty Baby Twin more than her AG dolls.

caleymama
02-02-2009, 08:48 AM
I voted over 6 since 6yo DD1 still plays with them, probably even more so now than ever before. FWIW, we have no 18" dolls, so hers are all baby dolls or CPKs.

maestramommy
02-02-2009, 09:05 AM
My girls are still young, and actually not that into dolls. However, Dh's neices are 10 and 12, and they played with a "village" of dolls until very recently. I think the older one started "collecting" the AG dolls a few years ago, and is still really into it. In fact, SIL took both girls to some AG store event in NY just this past summer.

JustMe
02-02-2009, 12:12 PM
I voted older than 6. Dd will be 6 later this month, but she is more into baby dolls than ever. She wanted a doll stroller and crib for Chanukah, which she got. She spends a lot of her free time changing, feeding, and otherwise taking care of her "babies".