PDA

View Full Version : question about the new laws -- Feb 10

Babywhite
02-01-2009, 06:23 PM
I know that they have postponed the final laws for another year.

Here are my questions.

1) If I am correct, the manufacturers still have to follow the new laws regarding lead, phthalates, etc., but they don't have to provide the certificates...is that right?

2) Does this mean that the items left on shelves and the new items that appear on shelves should be safe from lead/phthalates after Feb. 10, 2009?

I have been putting off buying some things for DD until after Feb. 10th. I want to make sure that when I do buy them, they are safe from lead/phthalates. Am I assuming too much?

TIA

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-01-2009, 06:38 PM
I would go with brands you know and trust, if you are concerned. There are brands that have their GCC , most bigger companies have their GCC already. The postponement is mostly affecting Esty sellers, and other small companies and crafters.

mommy111
02-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Thank you for posting this threat, OP. So topical! I was looking at a Target Crico train set today and wondering if it met requirements. It was so much cheaper than the Haba one.....
what is GCC and can I look on the box and see that it has been tested?
TIA

jray
02-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Do you know if this law will enforce selling clothing on eBay? I have such awesome, designer outfits my daughter wore last summer that I want to sell. I wonder if they will monitor this?