PDA

View Full Version : Cocoon Cribs?

BabyOne
02-01-2009, 07:55 PM
I was wondering if there is any information out there about the quality of Cocoon cribs. I was looking at the 2000 series crib and would like some feedback. Thanks!

bt0510
02-01-2009, 11:55 PM
If you have the book, check out the comments for Baby's Dream. Cocoon is another series made by Baby's Dream. There are a few other threads on this forum about Cocoon. We actually just placed our order for the entire 5000 series yesterday. Cocoon uses hardwoods and Baby's Dream uses pine. Other than that, as others have mentioned, the quality should be the same.

Cubdriver
02-02-2009, 01:05 AM
My wife and I have the 3000 series crib and dresser. We have been very happy with it and it looks great. It is very solid and stable, much more so than the ones you see at PBK. The only issue we ran into was that we ordered both pieces in early September and the crib came in over thanksgiving, but the Dresser did not arrive until after Christmas. They were both supposed to show up at the same time and both "in stock" when we ordered them. Overall very happy, but I would recommend ordering early.

bt0510
03-04-2009, 12:27 AM
FYI to anyone who is considering the Cocoon 5000 series. We received a call today from the store we purchased our 5000 series from. We were told that the 5000 series has been discontinued by Cocoon. They will stop production very soon. Luckily, our order is already in the process of being shipped, so we are OK. The store was good enough to call us just in case we wanted to buy anything else from the set for down the road. But we already bought the entire set anyway. We were in a panic thinking, it really isn't going to show up. But I called Cocoon directly (Babys Dream number) and also confirmed with the store. The furniture is ready to ship on the next truck up this way. Phew.

Cocoon didn't provide a reason for the decision to discontinue the 5000 series. The stores best guess is because not a lot of stores selected the 5000 series as a floor model. They said almost all furniture purchases come directly from the models on the floor.

The USA Baby in Brookfield, CT has been great to us.