PDA

View Full Version : Carrie from sex and the city

tmonroe
02-01-2009, 09:59 PM
While DH is watching the superbowl I'm watching old episodes of the show on demand. Carrie really was not that bright, was she? I can't believe she insists on keeping this friendship with Big even after Aidan decided to take her back. But Aidan was an idiot for putting up with this. If the situation were reveresed, I doubt Carrie would put up with this.

Yes, I realize I am talking about fictional characters but Carrie Bradshaw is really bugging me tonight. I think I should add I think I am finally getting my menstraul cycle and have a horrible case of PMS which might explain the rant.

Fairy
02-01-2009, 10:07 PM
The bottom line for her is that she's in love with Big, always has been,. always will be, and that along with her insecurity about ever being ble to find real live with someone that will love her just as much is the undercurrent that rules every single thing she does.

egoldber
02-01-2009, 10:13 PM
When Carrie cheated on Aidan was when I stopped watching. It just didn't feel fun any more and honestly I didn't like her after that. I enjoyed the first season and that was pretty much it.

tarabenet
02-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I like the show. I have the complete boxed set and all. But yeah, Carrie annoys the crud out of me with some of her narcissistic stupidity. Girl made some bad decisions! I hated what she did to Aden (especially since I still have remnants of my very old "Northern Exposure" crush on Chris!) but I have to admit, there was something about Big. Sigh.

hellokitty
02-01-2009, 11:39 PM
ITA, Carrie's character on that series is really annoying. I thought Aiden was better too. Maybe I am weird, I don't think much of Christopher Noth. I understood his character as Big on SATC, BUT I was a loyal Law & Order viewer long before SATC, and everytime I see him, I just think of the wise-ass detective from L&O.

Fairy
02-01-2009, 11:50 PM
ITA, Carrie's character on that series is really annoying. I thought Aiden was better too. Maybe I am weird, I don't think much of Christopher Noth. I understood his character as Big on SATC, BUT I was a loyal Law & Order viewer long before SATC, and everytime I see him, I just think of the wise-ass detective from L&O.

Me, too....

MMMommy
02-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Aidan was too much of a good thing for Carrie. He was sweet, committed, loving, the works. She was a glutton for punishment, I think.

gatorsmom
02-02-2009, 12:54 AM
I loved watching that show and still enjoy re-watching episodes ONDemand. I've always thought Carrie made some wacky decisions. So did some of her friends. I watched it because most of their choices were ones I"d never make so it was like peeking into some foreign world, kwim? Also, I thought the episodes were well written and of course I lurrrrvvve looking at their clothes and shoes.

That reminds me, a friend just recently told me that she heard there will be a second SATC movie- anyone else heard this?

elektra
02-02-2009, 01:02 AM
That reminds me, a friend just recently told me that she heard there will be a second SATC movie- anyone else heard this?

No, but how fun though! I loved the show. Yah Carrie put up with a lot of BS but she just couldn't get over Big. Did you know they do SATC tours in NYC? My brother's girlfriend is German (as in born and raised in Germany, barely speaks English) and when she was out visiting him in NYC, she found out about them. I guess they have the show dubbed in German over there. My too cool for school brother wouldn't go on the tour with her so she went by herself and she said it was fun. I'm sure it's cheesy/touristy but I would have TOTALLY gone with her. I guess they play clips from the series and then they drive you by where it was taking place, and then they serve you cosmos too (for an extra fee ;) ).

jgenie
02-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Yes, I heard they're going to do a 2nd movie. I heard the girls are making a bundle this time!!

tmonroe
02-02-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm not sure what the second movie would be about. Carrie gets pregnant by Big and he decides he doesn't want kids? I always wish Big worked for her a bit more. After the movie I was so pissed she took him back so easily. Sure she didn't get his emails but ummm...what about a telephone call. She lived in the same apartment for years.

I hope the 2nd movie brings Samantha and Smith back together. I was disappointed in her storyline in the movie and loved them together.

Fairy
02-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Yes, but Carrie was no picture of perfect, either. Big clearly did not want this big fiasco of a wedding, which he made clear, but cuz he loved her more than anything else on earth, he did what he thoguht she wanted, when in reality, all the two of them really wanted was the small wedding they'd planned to begin with. He was terrified and reacted, he took it back immediately, but the damage was done publicly. They were both terribly hurt, but they found each otehr again.

Samantha can never be with one man. It's not in her. And that's what her part of the movie is about. She's a serial dater, not even serial monogamist. She did love Smith, and he's the biggest go of it she's ever made, but ultiamately, she needs to be sexually free.

I think there's probably lots of fodder for another movie. I love these girls! I'm kind of Charlotte meets Carrie. Who are you?

hellokitty
02-02-2009, 02:33 PM
A second movie would be great. I really enjoyed the last movie and went with a bunch of friends to see it. Even those who had never seen the show before enjoyed it.

As for IDing with a particular character, I'm a Charlotte. Yes, I'm a goody goody and plan everything out if possible.

dcmom2b3
02-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Samantha can never be with one man. It's not in her. And that's what her part of the movie is about. She's a serial dater, not even serial monogamist. She did love Smith, and he's the biggest go of it she's ever made, but ultiamately, she needs to be sexually free.

I think there's probably lots of fodder for another movie. I love these girls! I'm kind of Charlotte meets Carrie. Who are you?

Oh, I don't know, I think Samantha might have some monogomy in her yet! We women of "certain age" have to stick together, and I do have hopes for her (and myself, too!)

I'm a Samantha("mature" hottie)-Charlotte(let's plan everything)-Miranda("I don't need anyone . . . no, wait, I do") combo. With Carrie's thang for shoes.

And thus, my therapist has guaranteed lifetime employment.

overcome
02-02-2009, 09:19 PM
I totally love(d) Aiden. He was awesome and I thought he and Carrie were a perfect fit. She was an idiot for dumping him and he deserves better (which I am assuming he got since he showed up all smiley wearing a baby).

I don't see the attraction to Big. He seemd like he was in another league...not sure if I mean socially or economically or what. They just didn't fit, IMO. That being said, I was glad they ended up together.

C99
02-03-2009, 12:01 PM
I never thought Chris Noth was hot until he first appeared as Big on SATC.

gatorsmom
02-03-2009, 03:11 PM

Neither did I! I still don't think Chris Noth is all that hot. It's just something about that character, Big. He's so mischievous and fun. I never thought Carrie was good enough for Aidan. He doesn't have the emotional insecurities she had. Also, he just wasn't "dangerous" enough for her. I knew they were not going to make it when she started lying about her smoking. Not a good start.

I"m a Charlotte with a bit of a bohemian (Carrie) vein running through me that I don't understand in the least.

I'm so waiting for someone to say they are totally a Samantha.

elektra
02-03-2009, 03:15 PM

Yes, I guess it goes to show how it's easy to be attracted to the bad boys, regardless of looks. Big is not necessarily super handsome, but he is just sexy and unattainable which I guess equal attractive!
I never felt that way about Det. Logan either. He has a funky nose or something.

Aidan was awesome. I loved how he was so caring, loving, and handy. ;) Carrie was just not the right girl for him.

tmonroe
02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
I totally love(d) Aiden. He was awesome and I thought he and Carrie were a perfect fit. She was an idiot for dumping him and he deserves better (which I am assuming he got since he showed up all smiley wearing a baby).

I don't see the attraction to Big. He seemd like he was in another league...not sure if I mean socially or economically or what. They just didn't fit, IMO. That being said, I was glad they ended up together.

I always thought Aidan was too good for Carrie. She didn't seem happy unless the guy she was dating was emotionally unavailable to her. She was one of those women who doesn't know what to do when a good man comes her way. She treated Aiden the same way Big treated her. His big mistake was taking her back.

On a side note, do you guys think Petrovksy accidentally slapped her in the last episode? My girlfriend and I debate this all of the time.

tarabenet
02-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm so waiting for someone to say they are totally a Samantha.

A totally Samantha hanging out on-line? In a group of mostly women? Talking about babies and diapers and pediatricians? I laughed so hard I scared my dog into going outside! Love that BBB-Sam image!

Fairy
02-03-2009, 05:29 PM
A totally Samantha hanging out on-line? In a group of mostly women? Talking about babies and diapers and pediatricians? I laughed so hard I scared my dog into going outside! Love that BBB-Sam image!

Hey, one of us out there has to be the type who will try anything, likes most of it, craves it all, and does it whenever possible. Honestly, I'm shocked Samantha didn't end up with a kid by now.