PDA

View Full Version : Going to WDW next January-What do I start to do first?

HIU8
02-01-2009, 11:20 PM
We will be going to a wedding in Orlando next January and will spend at least a week at WDW et al with family. This will be our first trip to WDW. DS will have just turned 5 and DD will be 2 1/2. Should I start looking into things now? Where do I start? What do I need to know? I have heard about the character meals, but will DD be to young? My neighbor has done them and said we need to book them at least 6 months in advance. I figure there is a book or books and websites. Which are the ones DH and I should be looking at?

Octobermommy
02-01-2009, 11:44 PM
We just got back yesterday. The crowds were low and our weather was great except for 24 hours of rain. The dining reservations just changed front 180 days before to 90 days. I recommend tourguidemike for planning and disboards. If you have any other ? I would be happy to help. Character meals are great fun, would definitely recommend.

JTsMom
02-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Lucky! You'll have a blast! :)

Should I start looking into things now?
Yes! IMO, the sooner the better. You don't have to, but if you start now, you can do it a little at a time, and get exactly what you want.

Where do I start? What do I need to know?
I'd start with disboards.com and allears.net. You can also order the planning DVD (which is free). I'd look at resorts and figure that out first.

I have heard about the character meals, but will DD be to young? No way, unless she is afraid of the characters! DS loooved them. Just depends on the kid. Disney is so kid friendly, I don't think anyone is too young for much of anything. :)

My neighbor has done them and said we need to book them at least 6 months in advance.

Yep, ditto pp. But as you plan, I'd figure out which ones interest you, and be prepared to call the day ressies open so I could get the dates/times I wanted.

I figure there is a book or books and websites. Which are the ones DH and I should be looking at?

The ones I mentioned above, plus mousesavers.com, The Unofficial Guide, Tour Guide Mike and here of course. ;)