PDA

View Full Version : GroBags on Mamabargains.com

LMPC
02-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Just got a couple 2.5 tog Grobags for 18.75(each)+shipping. I think they would be great for cooler nurseries. Seem to be lots left! mamabargains.com

Melaine
02-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks I've been waiting for these. Does anyone have a working FS code?

ahrimie
02-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Can anyone explain how these are different from the Halo Sleepsacks?

Melaine
02-02-2009, 01:44 PM
I haven't personally seen the grobags IRL, but in my experience I prefer cotton over fleece. We have used a lot of Halo sacks but I far prefer my Stokke Sleepi bags over them because of the thick cotton. European sleeping bags are much higher quality. In regard to the Stokke bags, they are a lot more like a nice thick comforter and great for year round. The girls don't get sweaty in the summer and they are warm in the winter. I am *hoping* the grobags are similar quality.

lmwbasye
02-02-2009, 02:13 PM
They are a much higher quality and the size range is a bit bigger for the larger sizes. It is a nice, thick, cottony material...but not hot. More like actually wearing a blanket. I also like how it snaps/zips a lot better. We love ours. I paid full-price to order two of these from England and would pay full-price again if I had to.

HTH!

nellonello
02-02-2009, 02:16 PM
My daughter sleeps so much better in the Grobags than the Halo sleepsacks. We currently have 3 and I ordered two more in each size as they are great bags. I also got 2 in each size for my sister's twins as this is a great deal on them. They run a bit big so my 9 mo old (20 lb) still fits in the 0-6 size.

Melaine
02-02-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm glad to hear they run big. From the length given on the website for the 18-36 months size (I want to say 112 cm?) I am hoping we will get at least a year out of them. The stokke sleepsacks have shrunken noticeably and are already too small....

lilye13
02-02-2009, 04:31 PM
We love love LOVE these! I ordered them way back when for DS 1 in 2003 and had to get it from England! It was the best thing for him and he wore it till he was almost 3, he could always stand in crib jsut didn't have the worry of him climbing out. He loved putting it one, when I got one form DD last year he asked if he could get one in his size- he's now 5!!!!
Just wondering has anyone done parcel post for shipping from them?
They are located close enough that parcel and priority would be about 1 day or 2 apart for us.
Thanks!

deannanb
02-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Does anyone have a working FS code?

somewhere they posted that if there is going to be a shipping code, they will post it on the main page .... I've only seen a code for a jogging stroller.

sste
02-02-2009, 11:17 PM
In the 18-36 month size, have you had problems with kids tripping? I don't know if I should buy the halo fleece with the foot holes. I really like the design/quality of the grobag better, I have had some halos fall apart on me . . .

kristal
02-03-2009, 07:42 PM
I missed this deal, but wanted to get some info on the 'tog' rating.
What 'tog' rating do folks generally get? Is the 2.5 tog rating too warm for summer use? Our room temp on winter nights is generally around 66 F.
Thanks.

LMPC
02-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Here's a link for tog info on the Keen website
http://www.keendistribution.com/grobagBSB_Size.php

Maybe someone else can chime in with their tog experience, but it seems like for a temp of 66 you could use the 2.5 tog grobags. HTH

ahrimie
02-04-2009, 12:23 AM
After thinking about it too long, I missed the deal... maybe next time though. I like the idea of a real blanket wrapped about DD rather than fleece.

Melaine
02-05-2009, 12:06 PM
A much better experience with Mamabargains this time around. I just received the bags today and I definitely think they are first quality this time. That was very fast shipping too. I'm very happy that the length is very generous for the 18-36 month size. These will last us awhile assuming they don't shrink. I will probably buy two more next time MB has these. Thanks OP!

calv
02-05-2009, 12:15 PM
whenever they come up again, someone PLEASE share/post on this board. PLEASE :D

LMPC
02-05-2009, 01:39 PM
I *just* got mine in the mail. Love them! Can't wait to wash them and have DD wear one tonight. I will be looking out for these again as they are great quality and are generously sized! DD in 3-6 mo clothes now and I think that we will be getting lots of wear out of the 0-6 size I bought.

sidmand
02-05-2009, 01:50 PM
I missed this deal, but wanted to get some info on the 'tog' rating.
What 'tog' rating do folks generally get? Is the 2.5 tog rating too warm for summer use? Our room temp on winter nights is generally around 66 F.
Thanks.

I've always used the 2.5 tog. If it seems warm, I either dress DC in just a onesie (rather than PJs) underneath or use a Halo sleepsack instead. I figure it's not worth the money to buy anything other than the heaviest Grobags even though they last awhile (and through two DCs now!).

FWIW we're probably around 65 or 66 degrees in the winter and it's great. In the summer it's more like 73 or so and it depends on the child. I always use a blanket though! DS was always hot so I don't think we used one so much in the summer. Don't know yet for DD.