PDA

View Full Version : Would you bring your own stroller to WDW or rent one there?

HIU8
02-02-2009, 01:29 PM
DD will be 2.5 and will need a stroller for her. DS will be 5. I figure he will walk a lot but want/need a place to rest, so we need a double. We have a mac twin rally which is a pain to steer and a BJCSD. Should I bring the BJ or rent a stroller at Disney? Do strollers often get stolen/lost?

JTsMom
02-02-2009, 02:56 PM
I can't give any advice on the doubles except to say that the Disney ones are great, but expensive- I want to say $35ish a day! Also, you can't take them out of the park, so you're stuck for the long haul back to the parking lot if you drive, or the bus stop to the resort if you go that route. I know there are stroller swaps on Disboards, so that is an option worth looking into.

As far as them getting stolen, it happens sometimes, but isn't really common from what I hear. The rentals are stolen constantly, but the personal ones aren't so bad. Most people seem to think it's b/c there are so many similar strollers, and that putting some type of identifying mark that is impossible to miss helps a lot. Think a big bright bandana, or a big sign with your name on it.

Mermanaid
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
We are going to rent the BJ double from www.orlandostrollerrentals.com for about $85/wk. It might be a good option if you don't want to worry about bringing one with you. And much cheaper than renting @ Disney (which is somewhere in the vicinity of $30 - $35/day).

Orlando stroller rentals deliver the stroller to your hotel and you leave it @ bell hop when you check out. Worth it to me to have it 24/7 while we are there and then not have to worry about lugging it back home.

lorinick
02-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Bring I would bring your own.

hellokitty
02-02-2009, 04:43 PM
It depends on how long you will be there. If you will be there for several days, I would bring one of your own strollers. I also find strollers very helpful at the airport, so that would be another reason why I'd bring my own. However, I have an arsenal of strollers, so I have a lot of different options to choose from, lol.

jjordan
02-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Unless you're only there 1 or 2 days, I'd bring your own. Even if you buy a brand-new stroller just for Disney and sell it after, you will probably come out ahead financially! Their double stroller rentals are really pricey.

Jill

Octobermommy
02-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Definitely bring your own, it is so expensive now.

egoldber
02-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I gather from your posts that your DD is very similar to Amy. You do NOT want to rely on a WDW rental stroller. They have no harness, just a lap belt, but really there is NO way to keep a child contained who does not want to be contained in those strollers.

If you have something like a P3 that an older child can ride on the back, that would be ideal.

SASM
02-06-2009, 03:27 PM
When we went the first time our DCs were 3.5 and 1.5. I didn't want to waste the $$ on a daily stroller rental so I bought a Mac TT off Ebay. I didn't want to bring my e3 double b/c it was huge, would have been a PITA to take on/off the buses, and I was afraid that it would either get stolen at the park or ruined on the plane. I do not know about your Mac Rally, but the TT was awesome b/c it had indiv reclines and indiv canopies. Both of my DCs used this stroller and they even napped in it. I figured that when I was done with it I could either use it as a spare double or sell it. I actually sold it for more than I paid on Craigslist. :) I bought it for less that I would have spent on rentals. :)

If you do not want to bring your Rally, buy 2 cheap umbrella strollers in Orlando or at home, and either bring them back for airport use or just leave them behind for someone else.

Personally, I didn't want to rely on the WDW rentals b/c they 1) might all get rented before we got there and then we'd be screwed, and 2) ALL looked alike and I was afraid that some one would walk off with ours, despite having a bandana on ours to differentiate. Also, they do not recline. I just wanted the freedom of going from park to park with our own stroller without talking out a sleeping child, which DID happen more than once. :)

Sorry so jumbled...writing fast before DDs wake. Good luck and have fun planning your trip.

fivi2
02-06-2009, 03:49 PM
We bought two cheap umbrella strollers in Orlando. I would have just left them for someone, but ended up leaving them at my dad's. I did not want to lug my BJCSD through the airport (I have two 3 yos) and dealing with two carseats and carry-ons - no way could I have handled the BJ. It was cheaper than even one day of renting and no worries about my expensive one getting stolen. The girls were fine in the umbrella ones, but we did go back to hotel for the nap. They liked being able to jump in and out of them easily. Oh, and two singles were so much easier to manuever through the crowds than one double would be. And if your older dc doesn't need it in the morning or whatever, you can leave one behind!