PDA

View Full Version : What shoes would you suggest wearing at WDW?

HIU8
02-02-2009, 02:08 PM
I am a sneaker, flip flop, and birkenstock wearer in warmer weather. For walking around WDW in mid January, what type/brand of shoes is suggested for me?

JTsMom
02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
I would definitely plan on 2 pairs minimum, b/c switching off really helps imo. I would also definitely go for the sneakers. It will likely be cold, but bring along some flip-flops or Birks just in case. I really loved my Crocs while I was there. I wore them with socks b/c I didn't care if I looked like a dork or not- LOL. I had never worn Crocs before that trip, but I have to give them 2 thumbs up! Ugly, but comfy.

Momof3Labs
02-02-2009, 08:56 PM
I can only do sneakers at WDW. Crocs, flip flops and sandals never work for me for long.

clc053103
02-03-2009, 08:07 PM
I wore Crocs Capri's for 8 days - I took a nicer shoe for evening when we walked less.

Octobermommy
02-04-2009, 11:11 AM
We went last week and I took 1 pair of merrell sneakers, 1 nike sneakers and croc maryjanes. I only wore the crocs when it was raining at Animal Kingdom. My feet were pretty much okay, my calves are what was killing me. I should have trained before going!

egoldber
02-04-2009, 11:24 AM
I agree alternating is key. I usually alternate between Crocs and sneakers for daytime in the parks. I also have sandals that I will wear at night to give my feet a break from the daytime shoes.

DH loves Birks and wears his in the park. I don't feel the love for my Birks that much and I prefer Merrell sandals.

HIU8
02-04-2009, 05:13 PM
In January is it cold at night in Orlando? I cannot remember what it is like that far north in FL in the winter. I'm so used to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area and I know the temps are different. I'm wondering if I should even take anything sandal like or if my feet will be to cold.