PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you own the Land's End quilted Hooded down jacket?

tmonroe
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm in the market for a coat for next year and wondered about this. I haven't found it at sears to check the quality for myself.

wendibird22
02-02-2009, 08:47 PM
If this (http://www.landsend.com/pp/HoodedQuiltedDownJacket~174697_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::IVO&CM_MERCH=IDX_00007__0000001046&origin=index) is the one you mean, yes, I have it. Received it a few weeks ago and overall very pleased. I ordered the petite (I'm 5'2") and wish it was just a bit longer, but I think the sleeves would have been too long in a regular. It's warm...I'm always VERY cold and it did a pretty good job keeping me warm on those single digit days we've had recently. I like that the hood zips off and I like the storm cuffs. Oh, my only other bummer is that if I wear a scarf I can't zip the jacket all the way up (it has a mock neck collar) because it is pretty close fitting at the neck. If I don't wear a scarf I can zip it all the way without it feeling too tight.

ETA: I just noticed that it isn't showing up on sale online. I think I bought it on sale for about $10 less than regular price. Funny that it isn't on sale any longer and yet they are unloading their winter stuff.

tmonroe
02-03-2009, 12:35 AM
If this (http://www.landsend.com/pp/HoodedQuiltedDownJacket~174697_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::IVO&CM_MERCH=IDX_00007__0000001046&origin=index) is the one you mean, yes, I have it. Received it a few weeks ago and overall very pleased. I ordered the petite (I'm 5'2") and wish it was just a bit longer, but I think the sleeves would have been too long in a regular. It's warm...I'm always VERY cold and it did a pretty good job keeping me warm on those single digit days we've had recently. I like that the hood zips off and I like the storm cuffs. Oh, my only other bummer is that if I wear a scarf I can't zip the jacket all the way up (it has a mock neck collar) because it is pretty close fitting at the neck. If I don't wear a scarf I can zip it all the way without it feeling too tight.

ETA: I just noticed that it isn't showing up on sale online. I think I bought it on sale for about $10 less than regular price. Funny that it isn't on sale any longer and yet they are unloading their winter stuff.

Thanks! That is the jacket. I really want it in Black but not until it's around 59.99 or less. I'm shocked it's still regular priced.