PDA

View Full Version : Princesses at Ariel's Grotto vs. Fantasy Faire (DL)

s7714
02-02-2009, 07:14 PM
We always take DD to DL for her birthday. She met princesses at the Fantasy Faire last year, but I'm wondering if we should skip that this time and have lunch or dinner at Ariel's Grotto to meet princesses instead. Has anyone been to both? Which one would you recommend for the best meet & greet experience? DD was thrilled she got to spend one on one time with several princesses at the Fantasy Faire so I'm hesitant to skip that if Ariel's Grotto is just princesses walking around for photo ops with not much interaction, iykwim. OTOH we waited in line for almost 3 hours for the Fantasy Faire princesses so I'm wondering if Ariel's Grotto would be better since we can at least eat while we wait, LOL! Any thoughts?

Also, where's the best place to make reservations for Ariel's Grotto if we decide to go that route?

urquie
02-04-2009, 12:38 PM
i would definitely recommend going to ariel's grotto. dd had plenty of time with all the princesses. they come to the table while you eat and will stay and chat for a bit - not just pose for a pic and move on.

i think you also get to see more princesses at the grotto and don't have to worry about the princesses have a shift change while waiting in the fantasy faire line. i'm also very happy to spend the $$ and not have to wait in that long line... and get some yummy food to boot!

luvmypeanut
02-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Definitely Ariel's Grotto. You are guaranteed Ariel and 4 other princesses and they stop at your table for pictures and interaction. We go at least once every trip. We've only stood in line once for the Fantasy Faire but it took an hour (a short wait I'm told), we only got three princesses and we missed Ariel - our fave - by one person. The backdrop for the pictures is nice but now that they have discontinued the storytime and coronation ceremony there isn't anything to distract the kids while you're waiting.

The number for Disney Dining is 714-781-3463 and you can make priority reservations 60 days out.

smokey26
02-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Go to Ariel's Grotto because the fantasy faire is almost totally nonexistent now. On January 4 of this year, Disneyland closed the Fantasy Faire area with Royal Coronations and Princess Storytelling. Supposedly budget cuts were behind this decision. I believe some things were still there as of a few weeks ago (the store next to it and lines to meet 2 princesses) but the whole morning ceremony thing is gone. So Ariel's Grotto would be the best place to get princess access.

On the plus side, if she likes Tinkerbell, there's a big new Tinkerbell thing that's supposed to be cool.

Julie

s7714
02-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Go to Ariel's Grotto because the fantasy faire is almost totally nonexistent now. On January 4 of this year, Disneyland closed the Fantasy Faire area with Royal Coronations and Princess Storytelling. Supposedly budget cuts were behind this decision. I believe some things were still there as of a few weeks ago (the store next to it and lines to meet 2 princesses) but the whole morning ceremony thing is gone. So Ariel's Grotto would be the best place to get princess access.

On the plus side, if she likes Tinkerbell, there's a big new Tinkerbell thing that's supposed to be cool.

Julie

Uh, that's not good. We had been leaning towards just doing DL and saving CA for our longer summer trip.