PDA

View Full Version : Stains on white Bumgenius - how to clean nylon

niccig
02-03-2009, 03:20 AM
I lent 4 of my white bumgenius diapers to a friend to try out cloth diapering. She gave the diapers back to me as she's decided to not use cloth after all. All the diapers have a stain on the front where the fabric is for the velcro. They used them snapped to the smallest setting, and when you unsnap there's obvious difference in colour - it's white where it was covered and brownish white where it wasn't covered up. All my white wipes came back stained brown too - but I don't care about the wipes, I've got tonnes of those.

What can I do about the bumgenius? When we CD, I would spray with zout and do my normal CD wash. I never had any stains though. Will putting them out in the sun help to bleach the nylon?

trales
02-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Do you know what the stain is? Maybe a little oxyclean and a good wash then some time in the sun?

elliput
02-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Do you know if they are on well water? It could be mineral stains. My other thought was they were washed with some clothes that bled. I second the oxyclean to start.

niccig
02-03-2009, 01:56 PM
No, they're on city water like us. I don't know what it is. But she does complain that they can never get clothes clean or keep whites white. They have a new washing machine too, maybe it's the detergent they use. I do know that dirty laundry can pile up, and CD stains can be difficult to get out if you let it sit. Funny thing is, there are no stains on the inside of the diaper where the poop goes, only on outside. Oh, I think he may have been in just his diaper and eating and something stained the fabric - that would make some sense. And the dinginess of the nylon could be a general thing from detergent etc.

I'll try your suggestions and see if they whiten up.

Thanks.