PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy contacts online?

SummerBaby
02-03-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm disgusted with the new optometrist who took over the practice where I've been going for over 15 years. For starters, she more than doubled the price of a contact lens/eye exam (and this was not disclosed to me until AFTER she performed it). I just called to order more contacts (I wear Accuvue 1-day) and they have also doubled the price of the contacts to over $30 per box. I've been looking online, and after using coupon codes and Ebates, I can get the same contacts for about $20 per box, which saves me about $280 per year. Not to mention that they will ship them to me free, and the eye center (which is 30 minutes away from home/work) will charge me $20 to mail them to me.

Obviously, I am going to find a new optometrist for my next eye exam, but I'm so annoyed with these people I don't even want to give them more money.

Sorry this was so long, my main question is really, if you've ordered online which site do you like? It seems like Vision Direct and Coastal Contacts have the best deal.

Val
DD1 7/04
DD2 7/07

wendibird22
02-03-2009, 01:04 PM
I've ordered from vision direct and had no problems. Good prices and fast delivery. They do check to make sure that your prescription is up to date and will deny the purchase if the prescription is over a year old (I believe).

doberbrat
02-03-2009, 01:04 PM
I use aclens and have for years. In most states, once you've paid for the exam the practitioner is leagally bound to write you the script for it.

I do have a bit of a problem faxing rx to them their system isnt great for that. but overall, it takes less than a week for them to arrive once I've put the order in. used to take 4ish days but now its gotten a bit longer. they're 1/2 of what my dr would charge and I've NEVER had an issue w/the lenses themselves.

Davids-Coco
02-03-2009, 01:12 PM
My friend orders from costal contacts (highest ebate...) and hasn't had any problems although her order didn't post to her ebates this time around. It saves her money and they come quickly. She wears daily contacts. Now that I am (acuvue 1 moists), I will be ordering through them in the next couple months once I get my appointment. My office charges way too much!

happymomma
02-03-2009, 01:23 PM
When I used to wear contacts, I would order my contacts online. I can't remember where I did. But it was on the list from ebates. It was great b/c the price was good and quality was good. You do need an up to date prescription though. HTH

jenny
02-03-2009, 02:20 PM
I use vision direct. they always send me coupons in e-mail for 10 percent off my order.

HIU8
02-03-2009, 02:51 PM
I have ordered online from 1-800 Contacts. I got a better deal though, when purchasing the exact same contacts at Costco (saved $5 a box and I order 3-6 boxes at a time). Plus, there is no shipping when doing it via Costco.

sapphire
02-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Always ordered online through 1800contacts with no problems at all.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-03-2009, 03:00 PM
1800contacts gets a :thumbsup: from me!

Mikey0709
02-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Hi - just another recommedation for Costco here. I used to order my contact online all the time from different companies, then found out that 1-2 times a year Costco actually offers a COUPON towards them. I believe it may be $25 off 4 boxes. I use the Focus dalies and by far Costco price with the coupon was the lowest! Another perk i found was that by ordering online and going through Costco - i would tend to get a better DATE on them that ones at the doctor... I could safely stock up on the those knowing they wouldn't expire anytime soon when the doc was probably pushing stock that he's had in the closet for awhile....

jgenie
02-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Another vote for Costco - I can't believe how cheap they are there.

vludmilla
02-03-2009, 07:56 PM
I order from 1800 contacts and the price (when they offer a rebate) is better than Costco.

ahrimie
02-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I do 1800contacts too. They're always fast and just so easy. Usually there's $40 6 boxes or something like that. I wear Night and Day (by Focus??).

MMMommy
02-03-2009, 11:12 PM
I order through 1-800-Contacts when they have the $40 rebate. I think you have to buy a year supply (8 boxes). Free shipping. $14.99 per box, I think.

jent
02-03-2009, 11:16 PM
I used to always order from 1800contacts. I can't say if they're the cheapest but they're fast --I had no problems with them.

HallsofVA
02-04-2009, 12:56 AM
I used Coastal Contacts the last time I ordered (when I was trying to use up FSA funds at the end of the year) and the service was great. Though I submitted my order online, because I was in a rush to get the order processed before the end of the year, I called them to follow-up, and they called my eye doctor to confirm the prescription while I was on the phone and submitted the order that day. They arrived just a few days later.

mommylamb
02-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I have ordered online from 1-800 Contacts. I got a better deal though, when purchasing the exact same contacts at Costco (saved $5 a box and I order 3-6 boxes at a time). Plus, there is no shipping when doing it via Costco.

Same experience here.