PDA

View Full Version : Double stroller for a bugaboo lover?

wickermom
02-03-2009, 05:59 PM
I just found out that I am expecting my second child. My son will be only 15 months old when the new one arrives (yikes). We currently have a bugaboo Frog, which we LOVE. We live in Manhattan, do tons of walking and need a stroller that can take a beating from the city streets (potholes, cobblestones, etc). We also have a Maclaren Triumph for quick car trips and travel purposes. What is a good double stroller for someone who is abnormally attached to her bugaboo? (Unfortunately, my older one will still be too young for a buggy board.) I've read good reviews of the Baby Jogger City Elite, but it just doesn't look as sturdy as the bugaboo (especially when reclined - it doesn't seem to "cradle" the baby as well as the bugaboo). I've seen pictures of the bumbleride indie twin online, but don't think I've ever seen one in "real life" (which makes me suspicious). Does anyone know about those? What's the quality like? I would love a double stroller that allows for a bassinette and a car seat adaptor. Those will be key for the new infant. (argh! why doesn't bugaboo just offer a double??? Like others on this forum, I emailed their customer service and received a totally generic, utterly non-informative response.) THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!

AnnieW625
02-04-2009, 03:37 PM
The Uppababy Vista is similar to a Bugaboo in a sense that it's a well made stroller that's great for urban, and suburbanites like me. I just recently bought my Vista and have been very happy. We took it on a 3 mile walk with no issues and my almost 3 year old. The 2009 model will come with an optional rumble seat (not for sale yet), and also has a basinet, and accepts carseat adaptors.

strollerqueen
02-04-2009, 03:40 PM
A lot of people in your situation would get a MBUD. You could also look at the Jane' Powertwin.

WatchingThemGrow
02-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Congrats! I love the (yikes) inserted in your post. BTDT! Mine are not quite 18 mos apart, and these next ones will be about the same -so double yikes. I'm the biggest blabber on here about the BJCED, and with a Snuzzler it will cradle your baby just fine. However, I'm not certain I'd love using it in Manhattan b/c of the size/width. Maybe the single with a toddler seat, but I'm not sure about the double. My friend who loved her Cameleon (and lives in Man.) sold the Bug and got a P&T Vibe. I think she likes it okay. Since they are having distributor issues, I'd wait to see before buying one of those, though. I don't know about the Vista besides what I've read, so I'd keep an eye on that one also. Luckily, you really can get by for a few months staying in, wearing the baby, getting help when you need to go out, etc. I found that going OUT solo with 2 very close together was way more trouble than it was worth most of the time.

If you JUST found out you're expecting, you've got PLENTY of time to figure it out. I used the Ergo and the single several times in the beginning, and it was fine if the older one was happy, had snacks and wanted to go where we were going.

kate2128
02-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Congrats! I think your older child will be too young for a stroller with the toddler seat that sits on top and they can't really nap in. I live in Washington, DC and bought a BJCC with the toddler seat to use with my baby and 2 yo. THen I realized that the toddler seat wouldn't be adequate for long days out when my 2yo will still want to fall asleep in the stroller. I would think your 15month old will still be napping in the stroller if you do a lot of walking. I bought a Vista and I"m planning to use that as my double as soon as the rumble seat comes out. I was very tempted to get an MBUD as well, but I got vetoed by dh.

wickermom
02-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks so much for the advice. I think there are a lot of good double options out there; but like Kate points out, for a slightly older toddler. (rumble seats, etc., probably aren't ideal for a 15 month old.) Watchingthemgrow -- you're totally right! I bet that when/if i'm brave enough to venture out with both, I'll probably just put the little one in a baby bjorn and keep the older one in his bugaboo. That's a great point! If I have some help, for the first three months, we can probably get away with putting the toddler in his bugaboo and wheeling the baby around in a car seat + adaptor. Maybe after a few months, we'll then have a better sense of what would work best for us. You're also right about the BJCED - I took a peek at one, and it looked great, but I could barely get it out of the store door when I tried.

scorpion509
02-05-2009, 05:23 PM
hi, I am another bugaboo lover and was really waiting that buga will release twins stroller in 2009 Ok it never happened. so I start looking for something liek bugaboo.
I am expecting twins in July 2009 so it's little bit different but now much.
I was looking for stroller with basinet and reversable seat.
first I got suggest the MUB but I reviw it and decline. Ok it's fine but after you put seat you will never see your child face. becaus ethey always woudl be face forward.
this is actually problem with most american selling twins stroller.
I like kolcraft ContoursĀ® OptionsĀ® Tandem (http://www.kolcraft.com/product.aspx?id=149&&shopby=brand) but it doesn't have the basinet for the little one. ( so if you are Ok with carseat for the first 6 months then might be this is stroller for you.
I choose this one as a second stroller for me instead of snap and go.
for the first one I decided the Firstwheels city twin ( http://www.firstwheels.nl/en/twin-functies.php) I know it sold in Canada but they ship to USA and I did a lot of research and decided to buy it. I only will wait for the 2009 model to be available in canada they told me in June 2009.