PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever go to a mommy and me class at Gymboree?

tmonroe
02-03-2009, 06:32 PM
We have a free coupon and I'd like to try a class when DD turns 1. Was the class fun or the social interactions helpful for your DC? I do worry about them not cleaning off equipment used and what not.

jerigirl
02-03-2009, 07:01 PM
I am still close with about 6-8 moms that I met at Gymboree when DS was 12 wks old and we continued together in the same classes for almost 18 months. We have since moved to another class setting but we have continued to get together almost weekly. I do think that both you and your child can/will benefit from the social aspect of the class. Our location was awesome at cleaning off the equipment. Cleanliness was a huge priority to the staff. I think that can vary from location to location as to how far they carry out the cleaning procedures. I would just look at that at your free class and see what you think.

clb
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
DS and I started to go when he was 5 mo. He started to crawl shortly after. At first, I did it just to get out of the house. He really loved it though. Gymbo does different activities based on the age group. DS is 16mo and we still attend.

At this age, they don't really play with each other. At best they will mirror each other and play side by side. That said, I still think it is good for DS to be around other children his age.

Where we attend, all of the toys used by the under 1 yr olds are cleaned at the end of class. There is also a spot to put toys to be cleaned if your older child mouths them. I really don't worry about germs. DS stays home with me and I thought it was good for him to have some exposure to germs.

tmonroe
02-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to going with DD for her to socialize with other kids and for me to socialize with other moms. It sounds like fun!