PDA

View Full Version : My Coke was so yummy! (such a hypocrite I know!)

elektra
02-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Just had to share that I went to McDonald's today and had a Coca-Cola. OMG it was so good.
I cannot tell DH though because I just declared that I am no longer eating the yoplait or Heinz ketchup in our fridge over my outrage over the HFCS issue! :6:
This is the first coke I have had since becoming pregnant. Before, I was staying away for caffeine as well as overall health. But now with the HFCS and mercury, there is all the more reason to just keep avoiding it.
But geez, it was REALLY good. Ok, back to my healthier ways now. I think I can make it the rest of the pregnancy.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
02-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Okay there is NOTHING better than coke from McDonald's. I swear they have their own special blend! If it makes you feel better, I did the same thing this weekend and I don't feel one bit of guilt for it! It was so delicious!

crayonblue
02-03-2009, 08:55 PM
When I was pregnant, I wanted a Coke so bad I dreamed about it. But, I decided no, I wasn't going to have one. I told DH that after the baby popped out (that didn't really happen), he was to run and get me a Coke. After the baby was p-u-l-l-e-d out, I suddenly decided that Coke didn't sound so good. I wish I had drank at least one while pregnant. That would have been a glorious drink.

BabyMine
02-03-2009, 09:44 PM
It's ok. The first is aknowleging that you have a problem:) . I go off the band wagon all the time. Hey, there is no fun in perfection.

Piglet
02-03-2009, 09:52 PM
My pregnancy craving with DS2 was root beer from the fountain, not from a can or a bottle - I as very particular!? I must have had 1 every 2 days and the minute he was born, I wanted nothing to do with it and still don't like it, LOL.

mommy111
02-03-2009, 10:07 PM
In sequence, coke from McD and then coke from a plastic bottle taste great!!!!! And unhealthy ol' me drinks one every day :) (OK, every day for the last week only, really...the winter has made me fall off my AA bandwagon) ;)

alexsmommy
02-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Okay there is NOTHING better than coke from McDonald's. I swear they have their own special blend! If it makes you feel better, I did the same thing this weekend and I don't feel one bit of guilt for it! It was so delicious!

Mmm, have to disagree here. Mexican Coke - aaaaahhhh. Heaven. Thank goodness I live in a major city and can find it.
Over crushed ice...
and no HCFS to boot.
Yum.

But yes, Micky D's coke is a close second.

Jenny_A
02-03-2009, 10:37 PM
What's "Mexican Coke"? Is that coke from a Mexican restaurant or a version of coke they sell in Mexico?

Jenny

Sillygirl
02-03-2009, 10:40 PM
It's been twenty years, but I still remember the Cokes and Fantas in Thailand. They must put in double the syrup. Sodas here tasted like seltzer water for months afterwards. Sooooooo yummy.

Veronica's Mommy
02-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Mexican Coke is sold in Mexico but imported here. In glass bottles! I believe it is made with pure cane sugar. (So I guess it's safe!) I haven't had one in a LONG time...
But I DO still enjoy my US Coke. I can't help it, even PG. McDonald's IS the best, that's usually what I crave when I crave Coke. I think they put cinnamon in it or something, I can't quite figure it out. Coke Slurpees are a close 2nd, then Coke in a can, and I guess Mexican Coke after that. The thought of plastic-bottled Coke kind of turns my stomach, to be honest. And caffeine-free Coke just DOESN'T taste the same!

LarsMal
02-04-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm a hypocrite, too! I bought the Back to Nature brand of Oreo-type cookies to replace the HFCS ones DS loves. They are tasty, but instead of just tossing the regular double-stuff Oreos I bought- I've been eating them like they are the last box on the planet. They are oh so tasty, though!

mommy111
02-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Wanna know hypocricy? I didn't read the HFCS thread because I was afraid of what I would read in there and how it would turn me off of all my comfort food that I only get to enjoy when I'm here home in the US. :ROTFLMAO:

Ceepa
02-04-2009, 11:17 AM
They are tasty, but instead of just tossing the regular double-stuff Oreos I bought- I've been eating them like they are the last box on the planet.

Double-stuff Oreos are my Kryptonite. :bag

justincase
02-04-2009, 12:30 PM
I am so glad I'm not alone! DH thinks I am going overboard with all the HFCS purging from the household. And then a couple of days ago when I was doing errands alone I went through the Arby's drive-through just to get a Jamocha shake (ingredient # 1 = HFCS !!). I haven't had one in over a year... oh, my, it tasted SO GOOD. All sweet and creamy and thick and totally fake. And then all too soon it was gone and my mouth felt all greasy and I remembered why I swore off them in the first place!

Melaine
02-04-2009, 12:35 PM
See this is so annoying because soda is pretty much the only thing that doesn't have a HFCS-free easily accessible alternative, as far as I have found. Dr. Pepper is one of my absolute favorite things. Have you guys heard they are looking at a Stevia version of coke and also Dr. pepper/Snapple:
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/consumer_goods/article1864667.ece

alexsmommy
02-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Mexican Coke is sold in Mexico but imported here. In glass bottles! I believe it is made with pure cane sugar.

Yep. Imported here from Mexico in glass bottle full of cane sugar. So yuuuuummmmmyyy.

Charlie
02-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Also, around Passover they sell coke that has the cane sugar as opposed to HFCS. They have yellow caps. It's much fizzier.

hellokitty
02-04-2009, 03:28 PM
See this is so annoying because soda is pretty much the only thing that doesn't have a HFCS-free easily accessible alternative, as far as I have found. Dr. Pepper is one of my absolute favorite things. Have you guys heard they are looking at a Stevia version of coke and also Dr. pepper/Snapple:
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/consumer_goods/article1864667.ece

I had read somewhere that in Japan, their, "diet coke" has stevia in it, not asparatame like ours. So, as far as I know, a coke with stevia in it already exists.

brittone2
02-04-2009, 03:47 PM
nak-
Zevia (stevia-sweetened soft drink) is already being carried in the US for those looking for an alternative. I've read mixed reviews...it probably depends on how much you can handle stevia in the first place, kwim?

catpagmo
02-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Gosh, how funny...I just said to DH last night that a Coke would taste soooo good. I haven't had caffeine in about 4+ years, though. Sigh.