PDA

View Full Version : LLBean - product guarantee?

willow33
02-03-2009, 10:20 PM
UPDATE: I mailed the jacket in last week and I just received an email that they are shipping out a new jacket to me today...WOOHOO! Talk about great customer service!

I thought I had read somewhere that LLBean will guarantee their products even if they were purchased years ago...is this true? My older ds has a Katahdin parka with a broken zipper. I think I bought this jacket in 2007 sometime and was hoping to pass it down to my younger ds next winter.

Do I just call them and ask them to replace the jacket?

TIA!!

WatchingThemGrow
02-03-2009, 10:21 PM
I'd just call and ask them what you should do to it. They'll probably offer to replace it, but I wouldn't ask right off the bat.

egoldber
02-03-2009, 10:24 PM
They should replace it. I have a store near me and I have been SHOCKED at the things I have seen people returning and what they have replaced.

hillview
02-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Call and they will help you.
/hillary

justincase
02-04-2009, 11:20 AM
I agree; call and ask what to do and they will offer to replace. When I was in college I called to order a new backpack for myself and happened to mention to the friendly rep, totally in passing, that it was time to retire the broken-down one I'd been carrying around since elementary school - easily over 10 years. She said that I should send it back and get the new one for free! I was shocked (and didn't do it as I just couldn't give that old one up...)

mamaoftwins
02-04-2009, 11:54 AM
I agree, give them a call. I purchased a jacket from them around 2001 and never ended up wearing it until 2004 - at that point, it was way too big (I guess I ordered the wrong size in 2001), so I called them and they had me send mine back and sent me a brand new one in my size. :)

willow33
02-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks everyone! I called this morning and they told me to fill out a return form and mail the jacket back to them. They would either fix, replace or refund me. I'm hoping for a new jacket, but if it's an easy fix I guess that's okay too.

Now what to do without a jacket for ds...hmmm

hellokitty
02-04-2009, 01:37 PM
I hope that it works out for you. My mom has returned a coat before, she just ended up not liking it, but returned it about a yr later and they took it back. I think the zipper was bugging her, b/c it poked her in the neck or something. I returned a pr of boots that I bought my son, he only wore them once. The elastic band was so tight, it was nearly impossible to shove his foot into the boot. A couple of yrs later, I had to return something that was defective (but newly purchased) and asked if they would take the boots back and they did! I got a refund for what I paid for them! I think LL Bean is very liberal with their return/exchange policy. Although, I have heard that sometimes ppl take advantage of it by returning things that are very obviously worn out and just wanted a new items.

ThreeofUs
02-04-2009, 04:07 PM
They will pay for a zipper replacement or replace it themselves. I sent them a coat I had bought a few years before and they took care of it - cheerfully, I might add.