PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for V-Day Preschool Snack??

annasmom
02-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Just their luck. My dd's preschool class gets the most unimaginative mom as the class mom for the last day of school before V-Day.

I need to come up with something for snack that is fun, yet do-able (my dd is coming up with all sorts of wild ideas).

Any ideas??

JTsMom
02-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Any restrictions on it? Is it supposed to be healthy, or more of a treat?

annasmom
02-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Any restrictions on it? Is it supposed to be healthy, or more of a treat?

Sorry! No, no restrictions. We have no allergies in our class, but lots of vegeterians. I guess I could get away with a treat, but I would rather try to stay healthy.

So far my ideas include:

sliced strawberries with vanilla yogurt
heart-shaped cream cheese sandwiches on ww bread
fruit juice, water

JTsMom
02-04-2009, 09:21 AM
I think your ideas are great! I was going to suggest something similar.If you want to jazz up the yogurt and strawberries, you could make it more like a parfait in a fancy glass with a red heart spoon or something. I think I saw some at the dollar store recently.

Corie
02-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Here is what my daughter's 1st grade is having for snacks
for the V-Day party:

oatmeal cookies
cheese and crackers
pretzels
carrot sticks
juice boxes
plus V-day themed plates/napkins

lil_acorn
02-04-2009, 10:08 AM
how about rice crispy treats that you cut out in the shape of hearts. you could also do the same with jello?

happy2bamom
02-04-2009, 10:11 AM
We're doing the fruit snowman on a skewer (from Family Fun magazine this month). The kids are putting it together as a craft and then eating it as snack.

Another idea is having the kids make edible necklaces with string licorice and things to string on it (ie cheeries, fruit loops, pretzels, etc)

MamaMolly
02-04-2009, 10:19 AM
I like to go over to The Crafty Crow and poke around for ideas. http://belladia.typepad.com/crafty_crow/

I love the marshmallow pops! And I agree with the PP who suggested cutting snacks with a heart shaped cookie cutter. You can even do slices of cheese that way.

Tondi G
02-04-2009, 12:40 PM
You could use food coloring and die bagels and cream cheese red/pink.

rice crispy treats cut into heart shapes came to mind

you could cut watermelon in heart shapes as well and add some other fruit to make fruit salad or skewers.... maybe all red fruit... watermelon, strawberries and red grapes

urquie
02-04-2009, 12:42 PM
heart shaped, red jello

sail731
02-04-2009, 02:20 PM
heart shaped watermelon slices