PDA

View Full Version : Reply from Kennedy RE: HGCS

calv
02-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Thank you for your letter on recent safety recalls of tainted food and consumer goods. I share your concerns and I appreciate this opportunity to respond.

It is the responsibility of the Food and Drug Administration to inspect and safeguard the nation's food supply, in order to prevent outbreaks of food-based illnesses and contain such outbreaks when they do occur.

To help the FDA accomplish these goals, the Senate has passed several measures to reinforce and improve the FDA, and I am proud to have been a sponsor of the FDA Revitalization Act, which strengthens the FDA's ability to inspect food and expand its notification process so that the public can learn sooner about outbreaks and recalls sooner.

Our people expect and deserve that their food supply and consumer products are safe. I strongly support the agencies responsible for inspecting food and goods, and when necessary, and I'm doing all I can to see that they have the authority and support they need to protect the American public.

Thank you for contacting me on this important subject.

Sincerely,
Edward M. Kennedy

ETA: How would you reply? or would you not bother?

Melaine
02-04-2009, 11:54 AM
What was your original question/e-mail? Whatever it was, I don't think it was answered, b/c that reply certainly seems like a form answer to appease consumers. I haven't been following all the threads on this, because it just makes me more stressed out...

Tondi G
02-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Clearly they could care less about their customers cause they sent you a blanket response that they have sent any and everyone!

I would reply... that you for disregarding my email and sending me the auto response email in return without answering my questions! I will no longer be purchasing your products!

mommylamb
02-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Sounds like some poor intern didn't know what it was you were concerned about. Definitely a form letter.