PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!! Going crazy trying to decide on diaper bag-Fleuville vs. Ju-Ju-Be

bekkalu
02-04-2009, 12:07 PM
I am new to these boards and posted below asking opinions on the Petunia bag. Well I decided not to get a PPB bag...just didn't "feel" right and not practical for me. They are pretty but not "me".

So now I am trying to decide between a JuJuBe bag (either BeAll, BeSpicy or PackaBe) and a Fleurville Sling Tote (or possibly Lexie Tote). I used to own a FV Sling Tote and loved it.

I am expecting my 3rd baby. I do not like to pack a ton of stuff in my diaper bags and prefer a steamlined look. Also, I am petite/slim (5'2") and super large bags look silly on me. So those are the things to keep in mind. Of course it does need to be big enough to carry all the stuff needed for a newborn (with the exception that I will not need bottles for at least 6-8 months)

So, can anyone help me?? I would appreciate anyones thoughts/opinions. I am really getting sick of looking at Diaper Bags online and wasting so much time on it!! I just want to be done with this decision :LOL:

cndnveggie
02-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Well, I love my JJBs, but I don't have any of the ones you are interested in (I have a Between, a Be Small, a Be Right Back, and a Be Prepared) However, I think they are wonderful bags because they are so well organized, and they are so practical - you can wash them!!! I've never owned a FV, though, so I can't really compare.

Of the three you're interested in, I'd recommend the Be Spicy. It's similar to the FV Sling Tote, I think, and also has an amazing mommy pocket. I know that some people love the Be All, but I don't like the flap - I've heard it gets bulky if you put too much in it, and it would just drive me crazy always lifting it up. The Packabe is a great option if you think you'd wear it as a backpack sometimes - and I think it holds a bit more than the Spicy. But I don't think it's as stream-lined looking as the Spicy, and I didn't love the way it looked when I wore it over my shoulder instead of as a backpack. I also think the mommy pockets in the Be All and Packabe aren't nearly as good as the one on the Spicy...

If you get a FV, you should take advantage of the seconds sale going on right now - you could probably save a lot!

Good luck with your decision - it's hard, I know!

ang79
02-04-2009, 03:32 PM
I went through this same dilema a few months ago before my second was born and this is what I've tried and ended up keeping. I consider myself a fairly light packer (keep one of the freebie hospital diaper bags in the car w/ spare dipes, wipes, clothes, etc.) and pack for a two yr. old in dipes and a 2 mos. old. And I'm on the petite side as well, 5'2", 115 lbs., and am not fond of large bags.

JJB BeTween: Too boxy when packed full, didn't quite fit everything I needed.

OiOi Hobo: This was the bag recommended to me by so many people, but it felt very boxy and wouldn't fit everything I wanted to pack.

JJB BeSmart: Love the look of this bag (I have purple paisley) but it is a tad too small for right now. Keeping it in hopes I will use it as the kids get older!

FV Sling Tote: Fits everything I need, great organization, wipes clean, straps stay on my shoulder. It actually took some using it to really like it. My only complaint is it can get a bit heavy and bulky if packed full and I use the tote straps.

Babymel Amanda: This is my favorite at the moment. Packs well, extremely light, insulated side zip pockets for bottles/sippies, great organization, and I can wear it as a hobo or long messenger style across my body.

I've heard great things about the FV ReRun Hana (similar in style, organization, and weight of my Amanda) and that is the only other bag I'd love to test out right now.

I love the look and feel of the JJB's, think they are very high quality, easy to clean, etc. But they are a bit on the heavy side, and I just haven't found many styles that I'm in love with (I like bags that look more pursey than diaper baggy). I almost bought a Spicy at a great price, but another gal who is similar in size to me said when she packed hers full it about tipped her over! If you're planning on using a stroller a lot, it might work well for you though.

As for the Lexie tote, I've heard others say it fits a little more than the sling tote but is also a bit heavier der to the hardware.

If you're looking for a good deal, check out thr Pink Room on the JJB site, ebay, or the babybags yahoo group! Good luck with your search!

aajamu
02-04-2009, 06:26 PM
I'd go for Fleurville. Fleurville bags stand up well on their own and STs have wonderful organization. I am an overpacker, though, so couldn't manage to fit everything I need for the day in a ST (with a 4 year old and 1 year old).

Between a Packabe and BeAll, I'd go for the Packabe, since you have the option for backpack configuration and don't have a flap. JJB bags are pretty heavy IMO, though.

I have a slight preference for FV bags mainly because they are committed to the enviroment and use environmentally friendly materials in their bags, particularly the Re-Run line (you might want to look at ReRun messengers).
I don't like Teflon in JJB bags, but if that's not an issue for you, you might consider the Packabe, it would most likely suit your needs.

bekkalu
02-05-2009, 12:08 AM
I appreciate the responses! I saw a Fleurville Lexie Tote in person today at a boutique and really liked it. It has a very sophisticated look and cute shape...so now that one is in the running as well.

I guess I am just not sure that I love the "look" of the JuJuBe's even tho they seem extremely well-thought-out and practical...

MamaKath
02-07-2009, 12:12 AM
I guess I am just not sure that I love the "look" of the JuJuBe's even tho they seem extremely well-thought-out and practical...
They are, but they are very different from FVs. The Lexie Tote is a nice bag, much less diaper bag-ish.

tnrnchick74
02-07-2009, 12:18 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE My JJB PAckabee. I'm an overpacker and I can fit TONS in there. There are some really neat new prints coming out, but my all-time fave is the Midnight Eclipse...very sophisticated and goes with everything.

sujathas
02-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi!
Great reviews here- thanks. I also am choosing between the Fleurville and the Ju Ju Be. I have a diaper dude that is totally useless right now (oddly shaped, too small, difficult to find anything!) If the Ju Ju be is really more heavy, than I won't go with it. Any thoughts between the Fleurville Lexie tote and the Sling tote. The lexie tote dimensions are smaller, but a poster here said they heard the lexie could hold more. Also, from what i can see online, the lexie looks prettier (less diaper bag like) but is it really heavier?
Thanks!