PDA

View Full Version : help! disposable diaper in the washing machine - what do i do?

urquie
02-04-2009, 12:55 PM
my wonderful mom just washed her sheets before heading back to her house. unfortunately, a disposable diaper went through the load and everything is covered with those little gel cells. how do we clean up this mess?

Melaine
02-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Yikes! I had a serious fuzz issue recently and was told to put a cup of white vinegar in during the rinse cycle. It did seem to help....might be worth a try....good luck!

Momof3Labs
02-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Just run the load through another wash cycle (no soap) - a rinse cycle may work, too. Last time this happened (it will happen again to you!!), I did this and all the gel balls were gone.

WatchingThemGrow
02-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Just run the load through another wash cycle (no soap) - a rinse cycle may work, too. Last time this happened (it will happen again to you!!), I did this and all the gel balls were gone.
Yep, just rewash. It will happen again. Promise.

HIU8
02-04-2009, 05:06 PM
rewash. Clean your washing machine out with a towel or something first to get the beads stuck to the sides and bottom first though. I have done this numerous times.

urquie
02-04-2009, 05:15 PM
thanks for your help! we did another load and used oxyclean and salt (ideas from a google search - they are suppose to help dissolve the little beads). everything is back to normal! :)

Bens Momma
02-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Yep, BTDT :duh:! Salt helps dissolve the little beads so what you did was perfect.