PDA

View Full Version : Which bag to give

lowrioh
02-04-2009, 01:42 PM
My younger cousin (~27ish) is pregnant and has registered for a really cheapo diaper bag so I decided that I was going to get her a nicer one instead. I went to baby universe and ended up buying 2 different bags, one for me and one for her. Then the Fleurville sale came along and I decided that I would return one and order myself a Lexi instead. So now I have a Fleurville Re-run messenger http://www.csnbaby.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=NZ1171&refid=FR51-NZ1171and a Skip hop City Chic http://www.diaperbagboutique.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=HOP1006&refid=FR93-HOP1006 and I can't decide which one to give her.
She has registered for a Graco Quattro Travel System http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3224013&fromRegistryNumber=78654780&product_skn=121958
Opinions???

bekkalu
02-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Well, personally I prefer the Skip Hop one that you posted. It looks chic and sophisticated and more feminine as well. The other one is "cool" looking but almost has a unisex look to it. So, if you want to give her something that her dh could use then I would go with the Fleurville one. Since it looks more casual and neutral, it might be more practical too...

I think it comes down to what her personality and lifestyle are. Good luck!

DietCokeLover
02-05-2009, 11:01 AM
I vote for the skip hop.

Snow mom
02-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Well, personally I prefer the Skip Hop one that you posted. It looks chic and sophisticated and more feminine as well. The other one is "cool" looking but almost has a unisex look to it. So, if you want to give her something that her dh could use then I would go with the Fleurville one. Since it looks more casual and neutral, it might be more practical too...

I think it comes down to what her personality and lifestyle are. Good luck!

I don't think most men would find Fleurville one unisex enough... but then again my DH will carry both my lush paisley and purple paisley ju ju bes so you never know. I'd vote for giving her the skip hop bag. You probably have some sense of her style. Do you have a gift receipt so she could exchange it if she doesn't like it?

It's sweet of you to get her a nice diaper bag. I registered for a cheaper diaper bag and when I received it I realized how useless it was. I think stores like BRU and Target don't give yoiu a real sense of how many nicer, more practical bags exist.

lowrioh
02-06-2009, 09:55 AM
I also like the look of the Skip Hop but now that I see it IRL it sort of looks cheap compared to the Fleurville. Does anyone actuall have one and do you like it?

WatchingThemGrow
02-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Honestly, I'd give her the choice if you really want it to get used. "Designed" stuff is so love it/hate it, so I'd feel more comfortable asking her. I'm so unfun like that.

MamaKath
02-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Honestly, I'd give her the choice if you really want it to get used. "Designed" stuff is so love it/hate it, so I'd feel more comfortable asking her. I'm so unfun like that.
Me too! If it was meant as a once in awhile use item, it wouldn't be a big deal to me,but a diaper bag, I would ask. You could even take a picture of each and just ask "Which is your style?" so she isn't focused on what was spent and just chooses what she likes.