PDA

View Full Version : Joovy Sales

Melaine
02-04-2009, 02:50 PM
http://www.joovy.com/online_store/doublestrollers.php

amycd
02-04-2009, 03:19 PM
We are heading to San Diego with 3 YO DD and 18 month DS next month....I was contemplating bringing our Bugaboo w/ toddler board (which we LOVE), but I'm wondering if a Joovy would be easier to travel with? Any thoughts? We'd be using it at Sea World/Zoo/parks...

lubdubdeb
02-04-2009, 10:44 PM
We have a joovy ultralight which I love, and am planning to take to WDW this spring. It is light, easy to steer and my kids love it. My daughter calls it "the awesome stroller."

California
02-05-2009, 12:21 AM
amycd, just a heads up that a two of my friends have had their pricier strollers stollen here in San Diego when they left them to see the Shamu show at SeaWorld this past month. A bike lock would probably protect your stroller. None of my friends have had a stroller stolen from there before. We're guessing it's somebody's way of trying to make some easy money during a recession.

Haven't posted before but thought I'd pass that along since the Bugaboo is such a nice stroller!

kbud
02-05-2009, 12:32 AM
I have the ultra light and love it. My dd's are 5 and 16 months. We live in the Orlando area and go to Disney about once a week. I only use it there or at Sea World since my dd usually walks but she jumps on and off at the parks. I've never used a toddler board. I considered them but I have long legs and it seemed I'd trip over it. This has worked great for us. I didn't expect my older dd to want to sit as much as she does. She sits down and has a snack when we are going from one land to another.

As an FYI, I think those sale prices are high. I got a NIB ultralight on e-bay for the same sale price they have listed for the standard caboose.

amycd
02-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks everybody...I definitely appreciate the heads up on the stroller stealing in San Diego...I know I'd be nervous leaving a Bugaboo!

Is the Ultralight worth the extra money? I will keep checking Craigs List and eBay, but for retail prices, is the Ultralight worth an extra $100?

WatchingThemGrow
02-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Really, I'd just take the Bugaboo and a lock. The maneuverability, comfort, push, etc. is just awesome. Our DC are nearly the same ages as yours, and we're loooooving the wheeled board. Actually, 2 nights ago we were out and DD insisted riding in the stroller. DS, 14 mos, held on tight and stood on the board for his ride. It was so fun for him and fun for us to watch him.

A lock is cheaper than a new stroller - and easier to store!

amycd
02-06-2009, 04:07 PM
My biggest hesitation with taking the Bugaboo is flying with it....I'd probably have to buy the travel bag, but it may be worth it to have it with us in San Diego...ooohhh..the stroller decisions!

WatchingThemGrow
02-06-2009, 05:01 PM
My biggest hesitation with taking the Bugaboo is flying with it....I'd probably have to buy the travel bag, but it may be worth it to have it with us in San Diego...ooohhh..the stroller decisions!
I've got a bag - the one w/o wheels, and we've used it several times. I actually saw on CL where someone was "renting" their travel bag out. Can you post an ad on CL asking if someone would rent theirs? They were doing $25 for the week.

kamileer
02-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Wondering if the ultralight is worth the extra $$$. Thoughts?

kbud
02-06-2009, 05:36 PM
For me it was worth the extra $. The sunshade is soooo much better it covers both kids and it came w/the cup holder thing on the handle bar (that can be bought for about $25). It is about 5 pounds lighter but that wasn't huge to me.

Like I said though, I didn't spend $100 more. I got mine NIB on e-bay for under $200. I knew what I wanted to spend and was able to get a new one off e-bay in about a week of trying. I never spend retail.

So no, $100 extra isn't worth it to me.

strollerqueen
02-06-2009, 10:05 PM
I think it pushes a lot better, so yes, I think it is worth paying more.

lubdubdeb
02-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I think it is worth the extra bucks, if you can swing it. It is much lighter, so is really a breeze to fold up and take along. It also steers extremely well, I was expecting it to be nice but was really surprised by just how easy it is to use.
I have 3 girls: 5, 3 an 15 mos. My 15 mo usually rides in the front and the 3 and 5 yr old switch off on the back, but they can actually both ride on the back (standing next to each other or one can sit and one can stand) in a pinch. I am sure this is over the weight limit for the standing board so try not to do it a lot, but it is a great option to have at the end of a long day. I can also put my 3 yr old up front and let the 5 yr old sit while I cary the baby in a front carrier.

kbud
02-07-2009, 12:13 AM
I agree it does steer really well. I can't compare the steering to the regular one because I haven't used it. I can say I went w/this over the sit and stand because of the size (it's smaller) and was much easier to steer. I steer it one handed all the time. I've had several people at the theme parks stop me because they have the original one and they want to know why my canopy is so much bigger and nicer. They say they hate the canopy on the original.