PDA

View Full Version : *&#*& Insurance. Why does everything have to be so complicated?!

JTsMom
02-04-2009, 05:34 PM
I have spent the majority of the day working on finding new therapists for Jason (b/c we're moving). I have all of the info about our new insurance except for our member number, which we obviously won't have until it actually kicks in. You'd think, based on that, I'd be able to find someone in network, right? Nooooooooooo. Everyone I speak with at BCBS keeps passing me around and giving me bad info.

On top of the insurance challenge, I also have to try to find someone certified in the therapeutic listening program we're using, which is actually helping, so I REALLY don't want to abadon it now, especially since we just coughed up several hundred bucks to buy all of the equipment for it.

I hate this nonsense. And I'm starting to get the feeling I'm going to be driving 70 miles for OT. Grrrrrr.:banghead:

elephantmeg
02-04-2009, 09:25 PM
huge hugs. Hang in there!

happymomma
02-04-2009, 09:30 PM
:hug: I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Insurance companies suck! I used to get anxiety attacks when I had to call to get my son's OT covered. It was such a pain.

ett
02-04-2009, 10:29 PM
I totally understand how you're feeling. Trying to find out information about your insurance policy is virtually impossible without your member number, as I've had first hand experience with that. All they keep telling me is "we can't do anything without your member number."! DS1 receives OT services and even with our member number, I have spent so much time on the phone with insurance companies and therapist offices trying to figure out what is covered by my plan. Everyone says different things and all the OT places that take insurance have huge waiting lists and are not close to our house. In the end, we just ended up going with a private OT in the same town we live in and paying out of pocket. I hope you are successful in finding out some information. It is so hard to deal with insurance companies and therapists.

Momof3Labs
02-04-2009, 10:36 PM
If you can't find someone in-network within 30 miles of you, try to get the insurance company to pay the in-network benefits on an out-of-network therapist. I don't recall if it is a law or not, but I remember having a problem finding a specialty provider once and discovered this well-kept secret somewhere along the way.