PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day Party

Kungjo
02-04-2009, 05:37 PM
We're planning a party for DD's class and I need some good ideas for games. We do plan on doing a craft and also have snacks, but what's a good game for the kids to play? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

kedss
02-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Is this in the classroom, during school?
We did a cool thing after we got back from Winter Break, where you have a ball of yarn, and the kids in a circle, roll the ball of yarn to a friend across from you, after you say something nice about that friend. You continue until every kid has had the ball rolled to them so it looks like a spider web. If you used red or pink yarn that would make it more Valentine-y :)

hellokitty
02-04-2009, 08:43 PM
That's cute. I am going to stalk this thread, b/c I just found out that the parent volunteers for the valentine's party at my preschool (I am one of them) have to come up with games.

We are going to do a valentine bowling game, and musical chairs. We need to come up with one more game, the teacher said something about a bean bag toss, but I can't remember what the rules are for a bean bag toss and I don't have bean bags, so I am hoping maybe the classroom has some.

Kungjo
02-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Bump. Any ideas anyone? I'm drawing a blank. THe spider web game sounds interesting though.

kedss
02-05-2009, 08:35 PM
what about a game of bingo? but instead of numbers, maybe you make up bingo card with hearts on them of different colors or hearts with letters or numbers on them?

kransden
02-05-2009, 11:54 PM
I made polar fleece hearts about the size of your hand. The kids had to race with them on their head w/out falling off. We also did hot potato with them. Freeze dancing is super fun. We never have anyone sit out. If you have the hokey pokey or duck dance song - well that's one swell party!