PDA

View Full Version : i am so sorry... but i must... a twilight movie comment (NOT a spoiler)

lizajane
02-04-2009, 11:24 PM
oooooooooooooh, edward's mouth. oh oh oh.

i think he was cast on his lips alone.

OH! edward's mouth.

that's all. no spoilers.

hellokitty
02-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Lol, it looked like he was wearing lipstick didn't it? That's what I thought. They focused a LOT on his mouth, and I think it stood out more, b/c his complexion was so pale.

happy2bamom
02-05-2009, 09:29 AM
I feel like a dirty old lady, but I agree. Yum!

caleymama
02-05-2009, 09:41 AM

:yeahthat:

Emmas Mom
02-05-2009, 12:02 PM

:yeahthat: Me too! I've said it before....I have a serious crush on a 22 year old! ;) lol

Melaine
02-05-2009, 12:07 PM
lol! He's so HOT....in a cold way.

Corie
02-05-2009, 12:53 PM
I was so not impressed with the movie. Did you like it?

happy2bamom
02-05-2009, 12:57 PM
I was so not impressed with the movie. Did you like it?

Nope, I didn't care much for the movie. But I was happy to watch the Edward character. I've never liked a movie better than the actual book. I guess my imagination is better than what they can put on film :) I thought that the special effects were horrible, very corny. I also didn't see much chemistry between Bella and Edward. IMHO

Corie
02-05-2009, 01:00 PM
I also didn't see much chemistry between Bella and Edward.

I didn't see it either. The book was hot with chemistry. The movie
was a dud.

Twoboos
02-05-2009, 02:48 PM
I didn't see it either. The book was hot with chemistry. The movie
was a dud.

I totally agree!! I thought Bella was a HORRIBLE actress. yes I know she's supposed to be all nerdy and clumsy and stunned that Edward is into her. But please.

Movie-Edward has grown on me, however. Except they showed him in People mag a couple of weeks ago, he got a haircut. NOT as hot, in my dirty old lady opinion!

lizajane
02-05-2009, 06:03 PM
I totally agree!! I thought Bella was a HORRIBLE actress. yes I know she's supposed to be all nerdy and clumsy and stunned that Edward is into her. But please.

Movie-Edward has grown on me, however. Except they showed him in People mag a couple of weeks ago, he got a haircut. NOT as hot, in my dirty old lady opinion!

so interesting!!! i thought bella was spot-on and edward could have been better!!!

i enjoyed the movie, but as PP said, the special effects were WAY hokey.

but some of the cinematography was very interesting.

and really- you can't see a book based movie without a grain of salt- NO movie will ever be better than a book, if you are a true reader. EVER. i would be interested if someone could name one, a movie better than the book, i mean.

frankly, i thought the book lacked complexity and so the movie lacked even more. but it was FUN and that is what i was "in it" for. FUN. and i had a great time!

Twoboos
02-05-2009, 06:12 PM
It seems Stephen King is with you on the lacking-complexity analysis! :)
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b82354_smackdown_of_week_stephen_king_vs.html

You and PP are right - no movie is as good as the book, which is why I usually HATE going to see movies based on books. I saw this one strictly for the eye-candy!! I could have found a worse way to spend 2hrs. :)

I dragged poor DH - we were definitely the oldest people there and he was one of maybe 2 males. I told him it was payback for all the James Bond movies I've been to see over the years!!

Page
02-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Although.............I was very happy to see that they didn't change hardly anything from the book. I hate when I go see a movie based on a book and it hardly resembles the book because so many things have been changed.

And Edward's lips are nice, yes. In my imagination, the rest of him is way better, though.:love5:

sarahsthreads
02-06-2009, 01:14 AM
And Edward's lips are nice, yes. In my imagination, the rest of him is way better, though.:love5:

Ditto. :)

kellyd
02-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Haven't seen the movie yet, just finished the series yesterday! I'm not sure if I want to see the movie, sounds like it's going to be a disappointment...

Oh and books and movies... the first Harry Potter movie was as close as I've found to being as good as the book if not better...

hellokitty
02-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Oh and books and movies... the first Harry Potter movie was as close as I've found to being as good as the book if not better...

I agree, it's my favorite HP movie out of all of them.