PDA

View Full Version : Which would you rather.....? *Need advice* With UPDATE

Bens Momma
02-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Have, a Mac Volo or Quest for a Disney trip (and future travels)?
Most likely my 50+ lb DS will ride in it as needed.

Posting here because it gets more traffic and I need a fast answer so Mods, please leave here for this afternoon :praying: I have 2 possiblities on CL and I need to negotiate this fast.

Thanks for your advice!
R.
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS

HIU8
02-05-2009, 02:58 PM
I think I would rather have the volo. I doubt I would need the recline option and the leg extenders. Plus, I think the volo is lighter than the quest and had a carry strap (the quest has a small carry handle). If the volo doesn't come with the canopy you can always get that separately from Maclaren.

happymomma
02-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Another vote for volo. I have 2 and have found them to be of great use during vacations. My 5 1/2 year old will use it then. We really never needed the recline b/c my kids don't nap in strollers at all. Plus it is a lot lighter with the volo.

heatherlynn
02-05-2009, 03:09 PM
I'd vote for the Quest - not much heavier than the Volo, but it has a recline which you may need/like at some point. Plus, bigger wheels for easier steering w/ a bigger child.

bnme
02-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Not familiar with the Quest, but if it is sturdier/bigger than the Volo I'd go with that. Our Volo is not that comfy for our barely 45lber and it can be tippy and at WDW they will be getting in and out a lot. Any extra storage or sturdiness would be a bonus too.

Bens Momma
02-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Need a tie breaker vote, anyone???

I guess I'm leaning toward the Quest but am a little worried that it will be a PITA because it's heavier. Volo=8.8 lbs Quest=12.1 lbs

Do like the point that Bnme made that Quest might be a little more comfy and less tippy! Decisions, decisions :dizzy:! We are opting to use 2 singles instead of a double at WDW so DS#2 (40 lbs) will ride in our Combi and the Maclaren (whichever one) will be for DS#1 (52 lbs). You watch, with my luck I'll go through all this and neither one of the kids will ride in a stroller while we're at Disney!!

R.
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS

bnme
02-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Well, since you are taking 2 strollers I would then opt for the lighter one for the bigger kid. If you are using the buses I would guess you will be boarding with the kids (possibly holding a sleeping one) and your DH will be lugging both strollers and any bags you have. When we went last Dec that was often our scenario (with a 3.5yo and 5yo). After the first few days my kids really needed the strollers. The double rentals are also an option but they are SO expensive now.

FWIW, I brought 2 singles also but the airlines broke one. The first few days we did fine with one, but then needed to rent a double because the kids were fighting over the stroller and I was exhausted from carrying.

Have fun!

MamaKath
02-07-2009, 12:05 AM
Can you try a Triumph? Has the slightly heftier wheels of the Quest but not the legrest. If not I would go for the Volo as the sunshade is better than that of the Quest or the Triumph.

Bens Momma
02-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Thanks for all the advice! You guys always come through for me and have such good info and advice :bowdown:. Hopefully I give out a little in return! Feel a little more prepared as we get closer to our trip....Can't wait!

Thanks Again!
R.
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS

Tondi G
02-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Sounds like you are all set! :)

ahrimie
02-11-2009, 03:53 AM
I now own a Mac Quest............and a Triumph :hysterical:!

hahhaha.. don't you love (love/hate) how that happens??:wink2:

MamaKath
02-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Sounds like the perfect combo! Have a GREAT trip!!!