PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with my 20 month old?

deborah_r
02-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Quinn has seemed a little off this week. Monday morning I kept him home because he had a fever. But by the afternoon the fever went away and he was acting fine.

But ever since Monday, and probably a few days before, his poops are frequent, and kind of yellowish and cottage-cheese looking. Not frequent enough that I'd consider it diarrhea, but more than once per day. He is not eating well and mostly wants to nurse, or eat fruit (his favorite thing right now is those applesauce crushers from TJ's). So I'm thinking he's having more of a breastfed baby poop than a solids-eating poop, although he is eating some solids. He's at daycare all day so he's not nursing then.

He's not sleeping well and is fussy and clingy. Could he be starting in on his 2 year molars?

lorinick
02-06-2009, 02:23 PM
He could be getting his two year molars but he may be fighting off a stomach bug. It's hitting our area really hard. We have schools in the area closed due to illness. My 18mt old was sick two weeks ago and it took him about a 8-9 days to go back to himself. He too had a fewer a couple of days and than no fewer the rest of the day. Just keep an eye on him. And good idea keeping him out of school.

brittone2
02-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Yeah, my kiddos sometimes had weird poop w/ teething but never got fevers. It seems like there are mixed opinions on whether teething really can bring on a fever.

ITA w/ the stomach virus thing being a possibility. Maybe since he's BF he's getting a more mild version so far, kwim? Norovirus is circulating in many places and there were just some things in the news about how it is hitting NC and a few other states pretty hard right now. It is especially rampant in nursing homes, daycares, schools, etc. and it isn't killed by hand sanitizer fwiw. I wonder if any other kids have been out w/ a stomach virus in daycare?

I hope he's feeling better soon :hug:

deborah_r
02-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Yeah, maybe he is fighting a stomach bug. I think I am. If his tummy hurts as much as mine does today and yesterday, I can understand why he is being clingy and only nursing. I didn't even eat dinner last night, and have eaten only butter cookies this morning (co-worker brought them in and I couldn't resist). I'm thinking about picking him up from daycare and both of us going home. (yes, he is at daycare, he did not have any syptoms that seemed strong enough of a reaosn to keep him home.)

brittone2
02-06-2009, 04:11 PM
nak-
hope you are both feeling better soon :hug: