PDA

View Full Version : Snap n Go type of stroller for Snugride 32?

hellokitty
02-06-2009, 06:11 PM
So, I went ahead and got a Snugride 32 for a decent price. However, now I am confused about which snap n go type of stroller would work for it. I've read that the baby trend only works for the snugride, not safeseat, BUT isn't the new snugride 32, basically a safeseat? I'm wondering which snap n go stroller frames are compatible with the snugride 32. I will probably have to end up ordering the stroller frame online, or buy it used, so I don't have the luxury of trying it out at the store, esp since almost all of the B&M stores in our area do not carry the snugride 32 OR safeseat. Anyone who has played around with the snugride 32 and snap n go strollers, I'd appreciate your input. Thanks!

edurnemk
02-06-2009, 07:38 PM
I would imagine that Graco's Snap n' Go would accept it, since it does take the SafeSeat

GraceH
02-07-2009, 12:36 AM
you are correct, anything that takes a safeSeat should be fine with the sr32... (I personally would recommend the Graco Mosaic over the snap-and-go, as it's been my only stroller for the last 16 months, but that's just me)
I'm assuming you aren't near Babies r Us or Burlington Coat Factory (both have a fleet of strollers in store)?
good luck!

WatchingThemGrow
02-07-2009, 09:20 AM
If YOU have your SR32, you can take yours in to try it out in strollers, right? And you do know the recommendation to leave the carseat in the car, right?

mom2224
02-07-2009, 09:46 PM
If YOU have your SR32, you can take yours in to try it out in strollers, right? And you do know the recommendation to leave the carseat in the car, right?

WTG, tell me more about leaving the car seat in the car. With DS1 I took the infant seat out all the time and locked it into a stroller. Yikes, am I missing something?

hellokitty
02-07-2009, 09:51 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I have plenty of other strollers that are nice. I specifically need a snap n go type of stroller, b/c my two older kids will be in 1/2 day K and 1/2 preschool next yr and I will need to do pick up and drop off. So, it's basically for school pick up and drops off, esp since we live in an area that is really cold btwn Oct-April. I usually prefer to wear my babies, but with how harsh our winters have been lately, and the high # of pick up and drop offs (quick trips), the snap n go seems to be a good solution. I actually hate infant carseats, and would prefer just to go to a convertible, but in my situation, that would make things twice as hard.

WatchingThemGrow
02-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Oh, yeah, in that drop off/pick up situation, it makes total sense. Both our DC were prone to plagiocephaly and got flat spots rather easily. Carseats can contribute to that, so I just meant not to bank on using the carseat/SnG as the primary stroller. We had better results w/DS when we put him directly into the stroller or wore him.

That preschool drop off thing is scaring me - so much that I'm only applying to one b/c I don't want to have to be dropping off/picking up with my 2 little ones in tow. For your situation, I'd be doing the same thing...

hellokitty
02-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Oh, yeah, in that drop off/pick up situation, it makes total sense. Both our DC were prone to plagiocephaly and got flat spots rather easily. Carseats can contribute to that, so I just meant not to bank on using the carseat/SnG as the primary stroller. We had better results w/DS when we put him directly into the stroller or wore him.

That preschool drop off thing is scaring me - so much that I'm only applying to one b/c I don't want to have to be dropping off/picking up with my 2 little ones in tow. For your situation, I'd be doing the same thing...

Yeah, we have one preschool in our area that does the drive thru pick ups and drop offs and I used to think it sounded lazy. However, I can see now why some ppl would like it. Yeah, I don't plan to use this as my primary stroller. I'd rather use my mac or P&T, but I just want my July baby to make it through next winter in the SR32 and then I can ditch the whole dragging the carseat in and out of the car thing. I HATE carrying those around, but feel like I don't have much of a choice with my older two kids' school situation. At LEAST I am going to try to get them both in PM school at the same school, so that drop off and pick up times are pretty much at the same time. I understand your concern about the plagiocephaly though, I worried about that a lot with my oldest child, who was very content in his carseat and LOVED his swing. With my youngest, he hated all carseats, didn't like the swing and insisted on sleeping on his tummy, and being worn, so it was a non-issue. I have no clue what this baby will be like, but I HOPE that he or she will not scream the entire time they are in their carseat like my youngest one did for the first 18 mo of his life...

edurnemk
02-08-2009, 11:14 PM
WTG, tell me more about leaving the car seat in the car. With DS1 I took the infant seat out all the time and locked it into a stroller. Yikes, am I missing something?

It is now recommended that babies spend no more than 2 hours a day in the car seat (or less if possible), because especially for newborns the 45° position is not the healthiest. Not only can it cause flat spots on their heads, but also breathing problems, since they're not strong enough to hold up their heads for a long period. The best position for a newborn is completely flat, so if you're taking a long walk it's better to transfer them to the stroller.
So a "travel system" should only be used to transfer a sleeping baby from the car to the house or for short outings for example (like the situation described by the OP).
Pediatricians make an emphasis on the "car seats are for cars" issue because so many parents use the car seat excessively, leaving the baby in there for hours, for naps, etc.