PDA

View Full Version : OMG...What it up with my kids' tastebuds!!!!!

SASM
02-07-2009, 09:49 AM
I am soooooo perplexed! I made the NASTIEST batch of white whole wheat coffee cake muffins with demerara cane sugar and soynuts (sounds disgusting, right?? I had to make subs.) this AM. Definitely NOT what Mark Bittmann had in mind when penning this recipe. :) I actually burned them and I was thanking God b/c it would be a reason to toss them (I normally do not throw out food for taste ~ DH & I just plug the nose and down the hatch). However, DS was standing there with his nose up to the warm disgusting-smelling muffins saying "MMMMMMMMM...when can we eat them?!!" WHAT????? He actually ate TWO!! DD2 is also over there devouring hers!! DD1 was the only one who said "I've had enough, Mom." at half of a muffin. DH just took a bite, poised over the open garbage bin to dispose of it discreetly. Seriously, my DS is the pickiest of the three and he actually ate the most???

I cannot stop laughing! What is up with these kids who refuse to eat yummy fresh fruit, a tasty whole wheat pizza, or even a not-so-healthy but very tasty chicken and dumplings from the other night but devour these NASTY muffins, and constantly saying how yummy they are!! Truly perplexing!!! Hmmmmm...Okay...what do they want? :)

elephantmeg
02-07-2009, 09:57 AM
lol, who knows! I guess you now know what he likes. Maybe you should freeze the rest to feed to him when he's being picky! DD1 sounds very diplomatic!

MamaKath
02-07-2009, 10:07 AM
LOL!!!!! I agree, freeze em for him. :)

trentsmom
02-07-2009, 10:24 AM
My guess is he was happy his mom made cupcakes and was letting him eat a lot of them?

When I think back at the things that I thought tasted good as a kid ... blech. I think kids just have very different taste buds. I know if I stuck my dirty hand in my mouth, I would be disgusted. The taste doesn't seem to bother my DS when he puts his hand in his mouth!

SASM
02-07-2009, 11:45 AM
My guess is he was happy his mom made cupcakes and was letting him eat a lot of them?

When I think back at the things that I thought tasted good as a kid ... blech. I think kids just have very different taste buds. I know if I stuck my dirty hand in my mouth, I would be disgusted. The taste doesn't seem to bother my DS when he puts his hand in his mouth!

Too funny!! Very good point!! :)

trales
02-07-2009, 01:33 PM
I canned some pickles this summer, they are nasty, they taste like a garlic infused salt lick. DD just ate three. I spit out one bite in the sink. Kids are just weird.

Of course she does not like my really good food, just the nasty stuff.