PDA

View Full Version : showing already with DC #2 pregnancy!

Melarina
02-07-2009, 09:45 PM
So tomorrow I will start week 12 of this pregnancy, and I am already showing! I mean, really, really popped out there. Now, I had a good sized belly still happening before I got pregnant (this is where I gain almost all my weight, unfortunately, but that's the way it is!) but this is different, KWIM? I look like I'm 6 mos at only 3 mos -- whoa!

This is not in any way a complaint :) I am thrilled to be pregnant and praying for a healthy baby and safe delivery and could care less what I look like, really -- more of a surprised observation at how quick I'm showing this time around.

Anyone else show earlier with pregnancy #2? Good thing I'm comfortable with people knowing I'm pregnant, I don't really have a choice at this point!

zephyr
02-07-2009, 09:49 PM
I only have one dc, but when one of my super close friends was 2 months along and still hadn't told anyone, I knew she was pregnant. She is fairly thin but her stomach just popped! So I know what you mean!

wencit
02-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Uh, yeah. That's exactly what I look like, too. The other day someone asked me if I was at the end of my SECOND trimester (I'm 15 weeks). Oy.

WatchingThemGrow
02-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Oh, yes. And if you decide to have a 3rd, you will not BELIEVE how big you get in a matter of weeks. I was in a full maternity wardrobe by 8 weeks and had outgrown a LOT of pants by 11 weeks.

My friend's bellybutton popped out at 8 weeks w/her third, LOL.

Today at the salon, a pg girl was standing next to me and the receptionist said,"Oh, look, you're both pg. Are you due soon?" The other girl replied, "Yes, next week!" while I mumbled "June" under my breath...

ThreeofUs
02-07-2009, 11:24 PM
That second child really shows a lot sooner, imho. I think I was showing at 4 weeks, lol!

salsah
02-08-2009, 12:54 AM
with #2, i started showing around the middle of my FIRST trimester. now, 18 months postpartum, i look like i am 6 months pregnant (i carry all of my weight in my stomach -- currently 20 lbs extra). i am terrified of what i might look like if i get pregnant again.

C99
02-08-2009, 01:50 AM
It's normal :) I was showing at 7 weeks w/ DS2.

elektra
02-08-2009, 02:39 AM
Pretty much, yah. I showed way earlier with #2. Everyone noticed too. My Dad said to me about a month ago, "are you sure you aren't having twins?" which is probably on some list somewhere as one of the things NEVER to say to a pregnant person!

Melarina
02-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Thank you all for this much-needed perspective! :)

srhs
02-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Uh, yeah, same here!
And to think I wore regular 1-size-up jeans with DS1 until 24 weeks. I figure my stomach muscles know they fought the good fight once and have since hung it up.