PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Buggy Bankruptcy

brismom
02-08-2009, 02:44 PM
So we are in the searching phase for a double stroller and was reading all the great reviews about Mountain Buggy and are almost sold (either that or a BJSMD) my question is would this pending bankruptcy dissuade people from purchasing from Mountain Buggy since even the BB blog states,
For now, the company continues on, strollers are being made and warranties honored. BUT. . . if they liquidate and close, warranties will be useless and parts impossible to come by Hmm what to do?

WatchingThemGrow
02-08-2009, 02:58 PM
I'd personally be scared to spend that much and not have hope that cust. service would be there. My BJCED has need some warranty stuff and they've been fantastic. The MB would be comparable with the Elite/Classic, not the Mini, FWIW. Of course, I'm not sure how BJ is doing these days, so nothing is a sure bet.

Nooknookmom
02-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Hmmm...

I know that MB's product line is very durable and the only quality issue I have w/ my 1.5 yo MBUS is the webbing on the harnesses is starting to fray a little. The stroller is really a "tank" it goes over everything and the materials top notch. I really don't know if I would spend $800 on a product and find that there would not be any CS for future issues. That said, I would buy one on sale or off CL because their product does have proof of longevity, KWIM? I was worried about them when the 09 prices jumped waaaaay up from 07-08. I think it scared alot of potential clients away. However, I understand that production costs are there but maybe the hike was an attempt to recoup previous losses. Who knows.

There aren't too many options out there for a true "double" either.

I worry about the other companies following suit, not many families can afford to drop $400-900 on a stroller these days.