PDA

View Full Version : Valco Latitude or Mac Quest for trip to Israel

ElijahBean
02-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Just wondering if anyone has any insight on these strollers. I have a 1 year old and to the extent that we manage to get in any "rought terrain" I'll put her in a carrier. But, given the limitations of a lightweight stroller - I'd like something that can handle some bumps and is easy to maneuver! Thanks so much for your help.

mikeys_mom
02-09-2009, 11:46 AM
We have travelled to Israel numerous times with our Mac Quest. For us, it is the perfect stroller for travelling there. Most attractions and parks there are child-friendly and have semi-paved paths/trails. Sure, on some of the unpaved trails it is a bit more difficult to navigate than a full-sized stroller with air tires, but we never found it uncomfortable.

It handles reasonably well on the cobblestones. Not a super smooth ride, but certainly doable. As you have noted, there are some areas where it is just easier to use a carrier, which is what we typically do. Also, the compact umbrella fold is great because the cars there are typically pretty small.

HTH

ElijahBean
02-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks so much for your input! Our 1 year old is our 4th so my husband is aghast at the thought of another stroller but I really think we need something between our walgreens umbrella stroller ('though I do love it!) and our Phil & Ted. I thought about the new Peg Si but now it looks like it's being delayed until May and our trip is in April! I'm off to check Craig's List for a Quest.

AnnieW625
02-09-2009, 12:46 PM
I asked a question about the Valco Lattitude last month and didn't get a single response so I am not sure how many people actually have this stroller. We've travelled a lot with our Mac Triumph and have been really happy. It's a very easy travel stroller.