PDA

View Full Version : Bob Revolution or Baby Jogger City Classic

metromom
02-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Please help! I have been reading and rereading past threads and I still can't decide. I have narrowed it down to either the Bob Revolution or the BJCC. It will be my stroller for walks around the neighborhood, zoo, fairs, pumpkin patches, etc.. So I want the all terrain, but also would be great if I could take it to the mall, etc. if I have to. I will also have to travel with it a few times as we fly to the beach a few times a year. I don't run/joh but do some brisk walking.

Anyway, which one would you recommend?

WatchingThemGrow
02-09-2009, 08:47 AM
For occasional trips to the mall and no jogging, the BJ is my favorite. For some jogging and non necessarily a long-torsoed kid, the Bob is a little more fun. My DH didn't like the Bob b/c the handlebar was a touch too low for him, whereas the BJ's adjusts. He and MIL hit people in the mall b/c the Bob's front tire sticks out so much farther than the BJ's.

metromom
02-09-2009, 06:47 PM
So I went ahead and ordered the 2008 Baby Jogger City Classic from Albee Baby for $289.99. Thought that was a great deal, as all the local stores here still have the 2008 models for $399 and tell me they are not going on sale. So I am excited and want it to come soon!!

Thanks to everyone for all past posts, I have been reading through them and I think (hope) I will be happy with my decision!

WatchingThemGrow
02-10-2009, 03:52 PM
I think you'll like it a lot. The 2009 has 2 big upgrades, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay the premium it costs to get the new one. You'll get lots of years of use out of it and comfort for your DC. Any of the new accessories will snap into that frame too, in case you decide you need some of them...

What color did you pick?

metromom
02-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I went with the red and silver. It's funny because I like the red and silver better than the red and black that is the 2009. I just think silver is cooler (temperature wise and color combo wise.) Do you know what the two big upgrades are? I asked about it, and the sales person told me the upgrades are to the Elite and not the Classic (front suspension mechanism and 2 pounds lighter.) Definitely would not pay over $100 more for either I don't think, considering I don't even jog :)

WatchingThemGrow
02-10-2009, 06:09 PM
I went with the red and silver. It's funny because I like the red and silver better than the red and black that is the 2009. I just think silver is cooler (temperature wise and color combo wise.) Do you know what the two big upgrades are? I asked about it, and the sales person told me the upgrades are to the Elite and not the Classic (front suspension mechanism and 2 pounds lighter.) Definitely would not pay over $100 more for either I don't think, considering I don't even jog :)
I thought it was both Elite/Classic, but I'm not sure... 1) suspension added to the single 2) the wheel mechanism was changed from metal on metal to polymer/polymer to eliminate a certain rubbing sound some strollers were experiencing.

The red/silver is nice! I need to convince my friend to register for one instead of the Baby Trend...